Author Topic: VR Views with oculus, help needed please  (Read 714 times)

Offline TWC_Angel

• Zinc Member
VR Views with oculus, help needed please
« on: January 15, 2021, 10:42:12 PM »
Hello everyone.
I have the oculus rift calibrated with sensors and height correct but the views are off in an odd way.
When i look right, the vr head slides left while looking right and visa versa. When i lean left or right the vr stays dead center. Ive not run into this before and i can try to clarify if my description is poor. I cannot successfully look behind me either even tho im basically spun 180.
 I do thankyou for your time. I am returning to aces high, or trying to and this is a fair snag in my plan.  :salute
IGN: Angel
DGSII: I./JG1
-=Top*Gun=-
"Guaranteed, knock-down-dragged-out dogfight.       
       Every time."    ((♥ That 190))

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: VR Views with oculus, help needed please
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 04:49:40 AM »
This sounds odd? Put  something behind you and try and look at it! You will notice that you will lean left to see it when lookin on th right(object relative)! I use Oculus and this sounds WTF! All I had to do was...use say"hatswitch back-Right"...lean a bit left and forward and F-10...Nice! Repeated to Left,Up, ect. VR is a 1:1 Head movement to View. We are blessed in AH3, that "Hat switches are available to prevent Hard Core Chair Yoga"! What you are describing as ODD...makes sense to me! Looking to my "Back and Right" NON HAT SWITCH....I see the lean forward:Turn head to right, just as you describe! I used the Training Arena to fine tune my Views with the Hat Switches. Sat on runway and tracked the drones circling the Field. If you are NEW to VR...give it some time, Brother!! It is a GAME CHANGER! I am on pretty much every evening around 8:00pm to 12:00am! If you need help. I am not the most literate...but I do try1 :cheers:
BW1stpar
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 05:12:44 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline TWC_Angel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 09:57:07 AM »
Still same issue. Leaning forwards backwards or side to side does not work. It all seems to be tied into the turning of my head instead. look left, and it slides me right almost to cockpit glass. visa versa. When i lean and AH doesn't move with me it defiantly makes me queasy. I deleted the settings folder in AH and redid my oculus tracking. Still no dice.
-=Top*Gun=-

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 10:33:48 AM »
Hello everyone.
I have the oculus rift calibrated with sensors and height correct but the views are off in an odd way.
When i look right, the vr head slides left while looking right and visa versa. When i lean left or right the vr stays dead center. Ive not run into this before and i can try to clarify if my description is poor. I cannot successfully look behind me either even tho im basically spun 180.
 I do thankyou for your time. I am returning to aces high, or trying to and this is a fair snag in my plan.  :salute

Just so it's clear. Your Rift works properly with other programs.  You installed the latest version of AH. The game runs fine without VR.

I think someone had this problem before but I don't recall the solution or what was interfering with VR.

Offline TWC_Angel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 10:54:15 AM »
That was what i was initially very worried about, maybe my rift was on its last leg. Thankfully its in working order. tried it on 2 other games and its gold. Aces high also works (best it ever has i might add after a few upgrades to the rig) Im glad to hear at least someone else may have had this same issue. Aces High V3.06 Patch 2 is whats currently running on my p.c.

Question, did i put this in the correct thread? Or should i move it to the Technical support thread?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 11:28:38 AM by TWC_Angel »
-=Top*Gun=-

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 12:22:33 PM »
It sounds like tracking is turned off. 

AH automatically assigns your controllers so check every device in AH and see if any assignments look funny.

There are two sets of control mapping, VR has to be assigned and checked while in VR.

If you have an old copy of your settings you can't use it with AH3.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 04:11:16 PM »
I had this once, something in AH had automagically mapped an axis incorrectly. Check all your controller axis mapping.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2021, 04:40:25 PM »
I had this once, something in AH had automagically mapped an axis incorrectly. Check all your controller axis mapping.

That's it. Couldn't remember the details.   :aok

Offline TWC_Angel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2021, 04:44:44 PM »
Thankyou kindly! When i get home i will go over my mappings and see where its assigned too.
Yall are awesome. :cheers:
-=Top*Gun=-