Author Topic: Virpil VPC T-50 Mongoos CM2 vs CM3 Throttles.  (Read 4179 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Virpil VPC T-50 Mongoos CM2 vs CM3 Throttles.
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2021, 01:41:42 AM »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2021, 09:56:15 AM »
That's cool.  :aok

All I ever received from Virpil were the controllers I ordered.

I really would like to upgrade to the CM3 throttle. I just can't justify the expense right now.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2021, 11:40:36 PM »
All they sent me was a Vipil shirt pin and it was a cheap pin at that.

:(

But they did give me a discount since I had just purchased the CM2 a few months later .... Now I just need to sell my CM2 which I plan on offering it next week first to my squad than AH then to Ebay. I've seen used CM2s sell for more than I paid for my CM3 on Ebay.

Hah, I posted a pic of the pin I received as well Mayhem, on another site when AkAk posted the pic of the F18 model he got.  You would think after spending $7200 with Virpil (it was $6,000 until this latest order which was over $1,200 for the new CM3 throttles), I'd rate higher than a pin/button.  Still, it made me laugh seeing AkAk's model compared to my button pin, and the laughs are worth more to me than a model right now. 

I'm impressed with the CM3s, Mayhem did a great review and there is no point in repeating what he's done, as I agree with all the points there.  Virpil continues to improve their products, this is the 4th model of their throttle I own, and from the 1st variant to this latest CM3, there is obvious improvements with each version. 

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2021, 06:53:36 AM »
I'm impressed with the CM3 too.  The only weak spot is the Virpil software, it's powerful but not very user friendly and limited in areas, such as programming KB commands to the throttle.  However, one can use Joystick Gremlin, a free joystick utility program, to program the CM3 and any other controller you have.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2021, 02:50:56 PM »
One of the cool things about the LED lights is that they are rather useful, compared to other controllers with LED.

On my CM3, I moved mapped the radio channel shortcuts to the buttons with the LED lights and set the light colors to correspond with the radio channel, so I know at a glance what button is what chat channel.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2021, 09:00:18 PM »
This is my 13th order from Virpil, usually I'm a couple months behind when their new products come out, but I was fortunate to be online when their new collective units came out.  They feel fantastic, I've got a couple sets of these units.  Twist throttle models are a bit more $, but worth it IMO.  I've been working on installing one of these on my DX Racing chair, so far so good, hopefully I can post some vids of these collectives working tomorrow.  I might post some pics of the Hotas I currently use, I've been collecting them for a long, long time.  VKB Gunfigher, 4 different types of custom rudder pedals, 4 Virpil throttles, 6 Virpil base units, lots of Monster tech mounts, 9 different grips, plus a bunch of CH and TM units.

This is the first collective though - great for the new helo modules that are out there.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 09:02:32 PM by Gman »

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2021, 10:03:33 AM »
Any of you guys gonna be selling your old stuff that is in decent shape? I need to replace my current gear but don't have the budget to buy new at the moment.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2021, 12:27:53 PM »
One of the cool things about the LED lights is that they are rather useful, compared to other controllers with LED.

On my CM3, I moved mapped the radio channel shortcuts to the buttons with the LED lights and set the light colors to correspond with the radio channel, so I know at a glance what button is what chat channel.

That is a great idea. I'll have to see if I can do that with my V1 throttle.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54