Author Topic: PS4 headset  (Read 855 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
PS4 headset
« on: January 27, 2021, 07:04:00 PM »
I’m currently using a PS4 wired headset because I just got my PC yesterday. Sound is coming through great, but apparently my mic isn’t working. Is there a setting I’m missing, or is the mic not compatible? Or...would it help to plug my mic into my PS4 controller (which I’m using to play CoD with)?

Thanks!

<S>
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: PS4 headset
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 01:17:35 AM »
If I'm right the PS4 headset only has one plug split in 4 sections. PC's (except laptops) usually have a green hole for phones/speakers and a pink hole for microphone, both using a 3 section stereo plug. If that's your issue, getting a splitter Y cable is the answer. Something like this: https://www.amazon.com/MillSO-3-5mm-Jack-Adapter-CTIA/dp/B071NDLCGC/ref=psdc_2267280011_t4_B084V3TRTV
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 08:20:08 AM »
I’m eventually going to order a new headset. I was just wondering if a short term fix was to keep it plugged into the controller, which is plugged into the PC. It works fine when I use it that way playing CoD.
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 06:15:32 PM »
I've purchased the splitter and still no joy.  The mic/headset works everywhere but AH as if the game doesn't have permission to use my mic.  I've used it in another game and in discord, and everything works fine.
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 01:47:33 AM »
Was the splitter needed? I mean, if I read your original post right you didn't have mic at all and now it seems to work everywhere except in AH.

If so, check the AH Clipboard>Options>Preferences>Game Sounds and see what it says for Microphone. For me it says "Microphone (Realtek High Definition Audio)", similarly to the Speakers and Headset boxes. There may be other options such as "Realtek High Definition Audio [Optical]" or like on my current rig "[Loopback]". And of course the brand may vary. But if it says something related to your video card you definitely don't want that!

If you can find your microphone settings there, the next step is to make it loud enough. Clipboard>Options>Preferences>Voice is the path, there you may want to set Mic Volume to full, uncheck the Auto Mic DB Boost and set the Mic DB Boost slider somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 to start with. If it's still low, check the Windows recording settings and raise the boost percentage.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2021, 02:42:05 PM »
The mic works perfectly fine in discord and in Call of Duty, which is the same result I had prior to purchasing the splitter.  I will run back through all of the clipboard settings when I get home tonight.
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2021, 07:07:52 PM »
If so, check the AH Clipboard>Options>Preferences>Game Sounds and see what it says for Microphone.... But if it says something related to your video card you definitely don't want that!

That was the menu setting I was looking for!  It's working now!  Thanks for your help.  I have just been looking in the voice settings.

<S>
-=Most Wanted=-

||||||||

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2021, 01:22:06 AM »
Glad you got it sorted!  :aok

Kotisivuni

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2021, 02:23:07 AM »
Glad you got it sorted!  :aok
Bizman strikes again!!!  Love ya,Brother
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain