Author Topic: VKB finally puts out some info on a new throttle  (Read 591 times)

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
VKB finally puts out some info on a new throttle
« on: January 28, 2021, 12:39:57 PM »
VKB announced they were working on a new twin engine throttle (TECS) a few years back and have been more or less completely silent about it other than "it's coming" ever since. Last word was it would come out after the Chinese new year (this one!LOL) but that's pushed back now due to covid so they say. But at least this might be some light at the end of the tunnel for some, like me, that are looking to upgrade their throttle. My CH Throttle is hanging in there but it's seem better days. Hats getting wonky, buttons sticky, hole in the corner of it somehow. Been looking forward to what these guys would come out with as I have the Gunfighter stick and totally love it. Best ever.

The pics in this article they say aren't what the final product will be but it looks pretty good. A lot of modularity planned for it. I held off buying the Virpil throttle which is apparently great only because I'd like to stay in the same ecosystem insofar as software. VKB's is hard enough to get one's head wrapped around! It is way comprehensive tho. So I think I'll see what any early adopters have to say before just  diving in but here's the post on the VKB forum this morning:

http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?p=44848#p44848
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Re: VKB finally puts out some info on a new throttle
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 01:55:49 PM »
Was wanting to go with this but the new Virpil CM3 came out.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2021, 02:03:02 PM »
Yeah what I like about the Virpil is they've already done it a couple of times and keep tweaking it. By all accounts a solid unit. Still wanted to see what these guys came up with before I bought one. The Winwing one is a crazy expensive beast! I liked the modular design idea. If I could add a throttle quadrant to it that'd be perfect for messing with the other sims that require more engine management. The detent thing I can take or leave I think. Not a priority.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 04:34:13 PM »
I have my CH Throttle quadrant sitting right above my CM2/Cm3 Throttle on my monstertech desk mounts. Monstertech made a booboo and I ended up with an extra 4cm 1x2 Profile so I cut it in half down the middle turning it into two 4cm 1x1 profiles. I put each half at the top on opposit sides of the main mount which allows me to mount my throttle quadrant at the very top middle of my desk mount.

I really wanted to get a Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant but it's just to damn big.

Unfortunately CH throttle quadrant is crappy 8 bit (still usable for engine/prop controls) and fragile as an egg shell; hit it just right with minimal force and you can break a throttle handle.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 07:13:08 PM by Mayhem »
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!