Author Topic: Video Card Quest Update .... 3080 EVGA & Newegg.  (Read 2873 times)

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Video Card Quest Update .... 3080 EVGA & Newegg.
« on: February 02, 2021, 07:09:37 PM »
An update to my quest for a new High end Video Card (3080, 3090, 6800xt, 6900xt).

Back around thanks giving I signed up for stock notifications on EVGA's Store front for every 3080 and 3090 I could.

At 9:30 am on January 20th 2021 I received an Email from EVGA that one of the items I requested stock notification on was currently in stock. Not only did EVGA notify me of the item being in stock they informed me they would hold the item for me to purchase for 8 hours and give me a $70 discount.

I received my EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra on the 22nd of January for less than MSRP.

I tried to obtain this and several other cards on release day and even managed to get a card or two into my shopping cart. Unfortunately Scalper Bots snagged every card I could into my shopping cart before I could get into check out. Apparently NewEgg couldn't even give me 3 minutes to get threw the check out process. To add insult to injury Newegg has been allowing Scalpers to sell their ill gotten graphics cards on Newegg's marketplace at highly inflated prices.

So I took a picture of myself Holding my new 3080 card, a sign that reads "Hey Newegg!" and flipping the bird. I then posted said picture all over Newegg's Facebook page.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 07:52:24 PM by Mayhem »
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
Re: Video Card Quest Update .... 3080 EVGA & Newegg.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 10:00:09 PM »
Curious... when did you sign up for the queue?

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 11:27:34 PM »
Newegg sort of sucks these days.

Not only the things you are talking about, but there is no obvious way of seeing estimated shipping date.  Takes way too long to click all the way through a bunch of crap only to find out it will take 4 weeks to get the product, then move on to the next candidate.

Amazon is also rotten with scammy scalpers.

I don't even bother to look at an item that doesn't have a price listed in the original search.  Not worth even 2 seconds of effort to click on the "check prices from these sellers" as they are invariably outrageously overpriced (like 1.5x or 2x or 3x a reasonable price).

Price and delivery of computer items has gone insane.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 11:37:30 PM »
I do not care for newegg anymore myself.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 11:56:49 PM »
Curious... when did you sign up for the queue?

Around thanksgiving. It took a while.

You can also pre-order from http://www.shopblt.com/ but I'm not sure how trustworthy they are and they have twice as many pre-orders than they do incoming cards.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 11:35:13 AM »
Never again New Egg. They sent me a faulty product once and still charged me a 10% re stock fee.

I have a 3070. Its a very good card and they are going pretty cheap now. I run most everything full throttle with an i9 at 3.6 GHz and 32 gig of RAM. Its not a super fast box but a good every day desktop. Aces High looks very good with it, especially the wispy clouds.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2021, 12:13:59 PM »
I am using my MSI GeForce 2080 RTX in my latest build. I would never buy from a scalper. This runs RDR2, GTAV, and MSFS2020 at the highest settings with no problem.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2021, 02:58:44 PM »

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 07:51:55 PM »
NewEgg finally has some video cards in stock.   MSI Radeon RX 6900 XT, for $3,588.00

https://www.newegg.com/msi-radeon-rx-6900-xt-rx-6900-xt-16g/p/N82E16814137618?Description=rx%206800&cm_re=rx_6800-_-9SIARA8DVW1998-_-Product&quicklink=true

That's not Newegg that's a scalper reselling one of the video cards they used a bot to snag off Newegg during the release. In upper right hand corner above "Add to Cart" it states, "Sold and shipped by: Creator" who only has 10 Ratings and a 30% Positive rating ... that means their new small and they suck probably because they are scalpers.

Simply put Newegg is crap and I have no problem telling them they are crap. I even posted a Picture of me holding my new 3080 I got from EVGA and a Sign that read "Hey Newegg" While flipping the bird, to their Facebook page. They suck, and Couldn't give a crap about their customers specially gamers.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2021, 03:12:34 AM »
That's not Newegg that's a scalper reselling one of the video cards they used a bot to snag off Newegg during the release. In upper right hand corner above "Add to Cart" it states, "Sold and shipped by: Creator" who only has 10 Ratings and a 30% Positive rating ... that means their new small and they suck probably because they are scalpers.

Simply put Newegg is crap and I have no problem telling them they are crap. I even posted a Picture of me holding my new 3080 I got from EVGA and a Sign that read "Hey Newegg" While flipping the bird, to their Facebook page. They suck, and Couldn't give a crap about their customers specially gamers.

Nice, but when did you sign up for Auto Notify? I didn't see that it was possible until the first of January, the 13th actually. I doubt I'll see an email before July or August.

Oh, and Amazon is worse then NE on that score.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2021, 10:47:32 AM »
Newegg was great until they went the way of the marketplace. Just have to be very careful with what you buy.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2021, 02:40:47 PM »
Nice, but when did you sign up for Auto Notify? I didn't see that it was possible until the first of January, the 13th actually. I doubt I'll see an email before July or August.

Oh, and Amazon is worse then NE on that score.

Yeah might as well wait for the next generation of cards at that point. Im sure they will be reasonably priced... /s

Or maybe if the ethereum craze dies down...

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2021, 06:27:13 PM »
Eventually they'll stop making them out of pure unobtanium!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2021, 06:47:28 AM »
Is that mining stuff even worth it once you figure in the cost of the electric and hardware by keeping stuff running full bore 24/7?
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2021, 07:08:00 AM »
Cheaper video cards will be part of the bitcoin crash

Let's hope a new video card is still the priority when that happens

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals