Author Topic: Intermittent sound issue  (Read 402 times)

Offline Keeth

• Zinc Member
Intermittent sound issue
« on: February 06, 2021, 07:57:08 PM »
Hello all,

Sometimes the sound for my engine just stops.  It will return once I up another plane.  All the other sounds stay there, just my engine disappears.

It seems to happen if I alt tab out then back in or remove my oculus headset(effectively alt tabbing out).  However, not every time.

Anyone else with this?  Any ideas on reason why or fix?

Thanks

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Intermittent sound issue
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 06:04:26 AM »
YES! This is an issue with Challenge's Sound Pack! IF, you are playing with it? I havent experienced the loss of sounds, with alt tab out of game though. Definitely with removing headset though.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 09:24:49 AM »
I have the same issue, and also have Challenge's sound pack, which I do happen to enjoy...other than the sound loss after removing & replacing my headset.... 

Offline Keeth

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 08:29:11 PM »
Yes I am using the sound pack.  I want to continue to use it so I put a small piece of tape over the sensor on the headset so it never knows I took it off.  So far so good.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 06:00:41 AM »
Yes I am using the sound pack.  I want to continue to use it so I put a small piece of tape over the sensor on the headset so it never knows I took it off.  So far so good.
BRILIANT!!!! Duct Tape to the rescue :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain