Author Topic: What is the MA GV game like?  (Read 2085 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: What is the MA GV game like?
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2021, 04:05:15 PM »
If I may ask. You say you all like the GV aspect, but I never see you in AvA on Thursdays for Tank Wars. Is it my setups? Is it just us? What can we do to make it more fun? I am trying to build it back up and would love some input on this. Thank you!!

You GV fellas are missing out. This is a good time on Thursday nights and it is all about GVs. Not a plane in sight. It's your night... yall should be supporting it. Shppr01 runs it and is always open to suggestions on setups. Even though I am a 38 driver... I highly recommend it!!
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2021, 11:30:34 PM »
If I may ask. You say you all like the GV aspect, but I never see you in AvA on Thursdays for Tank Wars. Is it my setups? Is it just us? What can we do to make it more fun? I am trying to build it back up and would love some input on this. Thank you!!

I didn’t even know this was a thing, but I have an excuse.... :D
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2021, 01:09:47 PM »

Can any player simiply look at his dar screen and know exactly where every vehicle or pt boat is?

Has that changed?

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2021, 04:22:54 PM »
For me, the AH GV game mainly consists of sitting somewhere behind a slight rise or some foliage and eventually catching a bullet out of nowhere.  Or a bomb.

Icepac- you get a square that indicates there is at least 1 GV inside that square.  You don't know if it's 1 or 20.  Depending on layout you can get a good idea where they are, especially when they move from 1 square outline to another, kind of like bardar.  If they go across it at a corner, you know pretty much exactly where they are, like bardar.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2021, 04:25:27 PM »
The square is a rather large area..... It is no where close to telling you right where they are at.

I would rather they do away with the bar and give planes the same view distance on GVs as they have on planes.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2021, 04:30:20 PM »
The square is a rather large area..... It is no where close to telling you right where they are at.

I would rather they do away with the bar and give planes the same view distance on GVs as they have on planes.

Same as bardar.  If you happen to go from one square to one that is diagonal to it, they know when you cross exactly the point you crossed.  If you go from one square to one above or below, or to a side, they know what line you crossed to cause that change, which can narrow the search significantly.

Shortening their icon distance to what planes get on them would be alright.  I get why they didn't like giving a heavy fighter the ability to see their icon 3k away, that made it awful easy to line up and kill them in one pass.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2021, 06:08:14 PM »
Can any player simiply look at his dar screen and know exactly where every vehicle or pt boat is?

Has that changed?

The far does have a location if the enemy icon. But it’s on a thirty second delay. So you may think it’s there but it may be behind you when you get there. It helps in fog and dark. Gives you a general place to start. But they not there!!
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2021, 09:41:53 AM »

This.  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2021, 12:13:47 PM »

Yes, this.    :aok

And the same for both friendly and enemy.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2021, 05:58:40 AM »
I dont GV but running M3's Ive noticed a lot of thick ground cover on a few maps. I imagine it makes GV'ing interesting. The Old wide open maps just begged for camping and long range shooting and in this we have some spectacular shots. I couldn't compete so i quit GV'ing. Maybe I'll give it another try.

Some guys get you on the 2nd or 3rd shot at very long range. I'd bet heavy terrain evens the odds and make the tank game more maneuver orientated.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2021, 03:34:41 PM »
I dont GV but running M3's Ive noticed a lot of thick ground cover on a few maps. I imagine it makes GV'ing interesting. The Old wide open maps just begged for camping and long range shooting and in this we have some spectacular shots. I couldn't compete so i quit GV'ing. Maybe I'll give it another try.

Some guys get you on the 2nd or 3rd shot at very long range. I'd bet heavy terrain evens the odds and make the tank game more maneuver orientated.

Coome in to the AvA on Thursday nights. The low visibility makes long shots and ranging a thing of the past! Everyone is on an even playing field!

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2021, 09:07:28 PM »
Long range shots in TT used to be so fun.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2021, 09:35:26 PM »

+1.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2021, 08:31:18 AM »

took over an hour to climb up the hill to rain fire down below.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2021, 02:33:01 PM »

Remember Wizzy? What a crack up he was. He'd take his Tiger in TT, climb a mountain and start killing tanks and giggling all the while. Sure do miss him. :(
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76