Author Topic: What is the MA GV game like?  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Re: What is the MA GV game like?
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2021, 03:52:45 PM »
Use the M3 with the Howitzer to be fast and sneaky, in VR it's heaps of fun. I landed 10 kills in one the other night.

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2021, 05:48:20 PM »
Well, I'm assuming you mean "Main Arena".  That doesn't exist any more.

GV competition varies on the map, but also depends on the "region" with the map and other actors, but I'd say it's not too bad.   The $ AvA arena has frequent GV scenerios.
Uncle Fred

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2021, 02:25:22 PM »
So when I up a mission from a rear field to flank spawn campers by driving an entire sector, can the enemy see me on the map the second I spawn 1 sector away?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2021, 02:32:32 PM »
So when I up a mission from a rear field to flank spawn campers by driving an entire sector, can the enemy see me on the map the second I spawn 1 sector away?

Only if there is a friendly in the area a certain distance from you then it will light up a GV square .

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2021, 11:52:07 AM »
Remember these things?  These are berms.  They were built into the AH2 tile sets.  And once AH3 came out, a large portion of the GV game disappeared with them.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 12:04:34 PM by 8thJinx »

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2021, 12:42:22 PM »
GV spawns into enemy base, a gv or two ups to look for him.  Haggerty comes in and bombs the GV.  GV moves to another base to try the same thing, gets bombed by Haggerty....
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2021, 11:54:48 PM »
GV spawns into enemy base, a gv or two ups to look for him.  Haggerty comes in and bombs the GV.  GV moves to another base to try the same thing, gets bombed by Haggerty....

You forgot the part about getting main gunned. 
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2021, 07:27:19 AM »
thanks for the input folks!
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!