Author Topic: 200 discussion rules  (Read 2575 times)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
200 discussion rules
« on: February 10, 2021, 10:22:23 AM »
Where are the rules for what is acceptable for discussion on 200? Just looking for the details and not a bunch of speculation please.

Monday night I got a warning for responding to something that somebody else brought up on 200. Never got a warning before int VR, it covers the whole screen! Not fun.

I was told to keep the discussion to game related topics. Does that mean no discussing the weather or the game? I'm curious what is "acceptable" and who is the decider.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: 200 discussion rules
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 10:29:29 AM »
In this day and age with questions  about what free speech is and when what can be said to who, maybe canned responses would be better

Tied to numbers making sending them easier.

1 = good fight <S>

2 = your momma wears army boots..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 10:49:03 AM »
Generally speaking, politics is verboten.  Politics-adjacent stuff probably doesn't go over well.  Covid conspiracy stuff, etc.

It's enforced by a cadre of unknown people who may or may not be logged in at any time. (I'm serious)

General rule of thumb- don't be a dick, and if they warn you, commenting on it or disputing it on channel will result in an instant mute.  That's HT's policy.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 11:06:38 AM »
Seems certain in game mods have agendas and get triggered easily apparently
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 11:07:54 AM »
Seems certain in game mods have agendas and get triggered easily apparently

The exact same can be said of players. The same players over and over.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 11:20:32 AM »

Exactly.  Let's see how the "He started it!" defense plays out.  My money is on "not great".

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 11:56:24 AM »
This seems to be the case..... makes one wonder. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2021, 12:10:40 PM »
This was the first time I can recall getting a warning so I'm not one of those people you are describing that constantly are.

This incident was somebody said something about some pending legislation. Some people commented on it including myself. I just thought it was a stretch to get a warning for stating my opinion on it.

I mean if there was legislation to have a national speed limit of 100mph would we get a warning for discussing it?

It seems the enforcement was rather arbitrary so I was just looking to see if there was some documentation as to what the rules are as I have seen MUCH more political discussions go on and on on 200.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2021, 12:23:44 PM »
I mean if there was legislation to have a national speed limit of 100mph would we get a warning for discussing it?

Yes you would.
You can always discuss on private channels. But any type of political discussion tends to degrade very quickly into name calling.

HiTech

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2021, 12:24:44 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up HiTech. Looks like you're feeling better :)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2021, 06:26:11 PM »
Politics, religion, Mr. Addink’s  spelling, judging mods or arguing with them would be under the umbrella I’d think.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2021, 06:35:17 PM »
Aye. I usually don't get involved in 200 discussions at all and don't intend to again lol.

The only reason I was asking is because the thing we were discussing was rather tame compared to some of the stuff I'd seen previously on 200 and was trying to see if there was a specific list.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2021, 07:40:27 PM »
Aye. I usually don't get involved in 200 discussions at all and don't intend to again lol.

The only reason I was asking is because the thing we were discussing was rather tame compared to some of the stuff I'd seen previously on 200 and was trying to see if there was a specific list.

I have actually seen folks talking about killing aunts in their beds while in the yard... never uncles, always aunts. Scary sometimes.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2021, 08:11:13 PM »

No such list... it's a bit like speeding...  you get away with it most of the time... then one day there is a cop there...is there any reason for the speeding sir... yeah...I didn't know you were here..
There are general rules...they get pushed...sometimes you get busted... and it is really annoying when you are in a line of traffic all going the same speed and you're the one that gets busted hahahaha

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2021, 08:58:06 PM »

I got a warning too. that specific subject has developed into nasty fights before. I was surprised I didn't get muted since when i got the warning i pressed enter while forgetting i was already making another comment.

the player that started that conversation just kept going and going.  that's the way it goes sometimes.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.