Author Topic: Say a prayer for Dr7  (Read 4702 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Re: Say a prayer for Dr7
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2021, 10:11:22 AM »
Damn

:salute
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2021, 11:10:47 AM »
Dr will be missed. I always enjoyed talking with him while camping a spawn. He was a lot of fun.

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2021, 11:30:54 AM »
Damn   :salute

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2021, 11:35:07 AM »
Find a good spot on that hill, DR7. One with the sun at your back.  :salute

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2021, 11:43:11 AM »
A long time gaming friend.  :salute
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2021, 01:23:36 PM »
It is nuts that you never know when the last time you speak to someone it will be the actual last time.... we were having a blast the other day just shooting the breeze... a few good laughs... the kicker to this conversation was that he had just found out he needed to go into self isolation due to being a close contact.....for a second time.... We are all just so blase about it sometimes...

<S> DR7  :joystick:

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2021, 01:37:22 PM »
Dunno about you guys, but DR7 was one of those guys I either loved to fight alongside or against. He was always fun, I don't get a lot of game time much at the moment, but when I wanted to GV I always looked for "where is DR7!". For me there will be an significant part of AH missing now.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2021, 01:38:14 PM »
I remember this one time about 10 to 15 of us made a run on a base in tanks. first 1 got killed and said it was dr7 in a tiger. at least 5 of us made a u turn and tried to find a place to land safely. we were laughing the whole time.  :salute

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2021, 01:40:33 PM »
:salute Dr7
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2021, 01:55:33 PM »
<S> DR7.

I am sorry to hear of his passing.  My condolences to his friends and loved ones.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2021, 06:31:29 PM »
Years ago Lusche was running numbers and came to the conclusion that DR7 was the first AH player to hit 200,000 kills. So I made this for him and posted it here back in Jan 2011.

So to day while thinking about DR7 and all the years of running into him in the game ( as Im sure many of us were) I was curious to see what his totals are now, and so ran the numbers tonight. Below is his top 10, with the total kills/death at the bottom.

He was a great competitor, but more importantly a fun player. While he did rack up tons of kills in the game I have a hard time remembering any one ever being mad at him or calling him a cheat. He was fun to fight against as well as along side.

He will be greatly missed as one of the very best this game has ever, or will ever see.  :salute

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2021, 08:04:23 PM »
I just can't believe he's gone.

DR7  :salute sir for all the fun, and being the gentleman you are.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline BSTinman

• Zinc Member
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2021, 09:19:30 PM »
I love reading all these post about my father (DR7).  The last full day I spent with my Dad was about 2 weeks ago (between his two Covid quarantines).  I asked him to show me his game as I had never really took the time to watch him play in detail.  He took up a Spit and shot somebody down, returned to base and then took out a tank and did the same.  It was a great time watching him do what he loves and hearing him talk to some of the other players over the vox.  I finally got a good understanding of why he played as much as he did.  You guys were his second family. Yeah, he enjoyed racking up the kills but I think he enjoyed the camaraderie even more.  It helped him through some pretty tough times.

PS  He belly flopped the landing of the Spit without using any landing gear because it was quicker/easier and you don’t get any less points for landing that way.  He was pretty adamant that you should get more points for a safe landing than landing a damaged aircraft.  Maybe a rule change can be made for that in the future?

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2021, 11:38:18 PM »
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2021, 08:15:36 AM »
He was very kind to me when I was growing up playing this game as kid, still can't tell if he let me shoot him down or not lol. He will be missed greatly by me and all of us here.

My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"