Author Topic: Time for a ceasefire  (Read 891 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
Time for a ceasefire
« on: February 27, 2021, 09:36:28 AM »
This morning at 7 AM Pacific standard time. Bishops owned 23.8 percent and Nits owned 28.6 percent. Since they are not fighting each other a ceasefire needs to be declared since rook have gone under 50%. No perk points allowed and we go back to a new map. I think  when a team gets 28% of any country it hurts the game. :airplane:
 I think this would force a little  more tactics into the game and stop the useless flogging of the down team and the cheap padding of scores
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 10:28:25 AM by 1Cane »
AkCaine

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Time for a ceasefire
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 11:34:49 AM »
two days ago knights had lost most of their territory.   it happens to all countries.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 12:40:16 PM »
There must be a away to slow  these types of attacks. Not sure what it would be, maybe some method of increasing the ENY of the offending countries. I am sure statistically the data is there to evaluate, just a method of tracking the data and setting a reasonable trigger. I would suspect that, if numbers continue to improve, this will become less of an issue. One thing for sure, a 2 country system will NOT work.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 01:07:41 PM »
People have to want to win the map. With auto-switch I have seen the same thing on all three countries. Same complaints on all three sides. The only country that works the best together as far as base capture is the Bishops. They organize well and get it done.

This morning there was 75 players. 31 bish, 22 knights, 22 rooks. The auto-switch works well when a lot of people are using it. Most of the bishops in the morning do not have auto-switch enabled. The afternoon is a different story as the bishops need help due to the morning bish logging off.

Still comes down to wanting to win the map. For some that means different things. It means furball, strat raids, base takes, spawn camps, vulch lights, re-supplying.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2021, 01:33:23 PM »
People have to want to win the map. With auto-switch I have seen the same thing on all three countries. Same complaints on all three sides. The only country that works the best together as far as base capture is the Bishops. They organize well and get it done.

This morning there was 75 players. 31 bish, 22 knights, 22 rooks. The auto-switch works well when a lot of people are using it. Most of the bishops in the morning do not have auto-switch enabled. The afternoon is a different story as the bishops need help due to the morning bish logging off.

Still comes down to wanting to win the map. For some that means different things. It means furball, strat raids, base takes, spawn camps, vulch lights, re-supplying.
/  The point is they not trying to win, they want to grind the country into the ground
AkCaine

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2021, 01:59:08 PM »
/  The point is they not trying to win, they want to grind the country into the ground

Oh no, the bish were trying to win.  They were within a base, but enough nits woke up to stop them and push them back to 0% nit bases.  The fact the rooks aren't pushing back is not their opponents' problem.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2021, 02:30:49 PM »
In the old days HTC tried a "line of capture" type setup. The idea was to limit the options of the bases capture routes so the predictable path would generate more fights. The problem with it was no maps were won as there was always fighting over the "next base". It didnt last long.

However, knowing it is possible to do that in the game I'd like to see it set up that once country "A" takes 2 base from either country "B" or "C" it must take one from the other country before it can continue with it rape of the first country. This way the raping wont be so quick and total and it would also bring the fight to the third country so they dont get left out of the fighting.

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2021, 04:12:57 PM »
This morning at 7 AM Pacific standard time. Bishops owned 23.8 percent and Nits owned 28.6 percent. Since they are not fighting each other a ceasefire needs to be declared since rook have gone under 50%. No perk points allowed and we go back to a new map. I think  when a team gets 28% of any country it hurts the game. :airplane:
 I think this would force a little  more tactics into the game and stop the useless flogging of the down team and the cheap padding of scores

You know as I do that this is what the game has become.... take the path of least resistance.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.