Author Topic: Landing strip at factories  (Read 1389 times)

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
Landing strip at factories
« on: March 04, 2021, 09:37:10 AM »
Could we get landing strips at all our strat factories to give us an option for a green end sortie when we resupply them with C47s?
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Landing strip at factories
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 09:51:30 AM »
I'll consider the idea.

Can anyone think of a reason not to add them? The only game play change that I can think of is that more supplies would then be run to factories.

HiTech

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 09:55:44 AM »
You can air drop base/strat supplies from the Goon, right?

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 09:58:57 AM »
You can air drop base/strat supplies from the Goon, right?

Yes, but the OP is asking that you do not have to fly back to air field to have a success full landing.

HiTech

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 10:01:33 AM »
I mean...I don’t see what this can hurt. Seems like a reasonable request. Would cut resupply times in half, but that means more buildings to bomb on milk runs  :D
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 10:33:55 AM »
I mean...I don’t see what this can hurt. Seems like a reasonable request. Would cut resupply times in half, but that means more buildings to bomb on milk runs  :D
Don't know about cutting time in half as most just bail after supplies get dropped. As it is, to resupply factories back to 100% takes 16 trips and to have to come back to land is usually not worth the wait (Nor any fun). 

Offline LNG15

• Copper Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2021, 10:34:38 AM »
I can agree with this concept. Truth be told the city in game should have an general airport. It is not a bad idea.
Be Prepared To "Get Lanced!"

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2021, 10:49:01 AM »
Don't know about cutting time in half as most just bail after supplies get dropped.

I was thinking the same thing.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2021, 10:56:07 AM »
If the concern is unintended consequences, I'd set it up so no planes were enabled, no hangars, just a landing strip.  That would just allow for the safe landing.  Sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2021, 11:12:37 AM »
If your making the run just to resupply then bailing isn't an issue. If your making the run for resupply AND points/perks then to earn those points  rtbing is part of the price.

If the strip is added the abuse will be more players running supply. Making an already iffy deal for a bombers effectiveness to damage depot/hq/city worth the trip. On top of that your giving away points/perks for doing less.

It would kill the porking of the supply dumps.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2021, 11:26:33 AM »
If your making the run just to resupply then bailing isn't an issue. If your making the run for resupply AND points/perks then to earn those points  rtbing is part of the price.

If the strip is added the abuse will be more players running supply. Making an already iffy deal for a bombers effectiveness to damage depot/hq/city worth the trip. On top of that your giving away points/perks for doing less.

I agree.

If implemented, it should be uphill both ways in the snow.   :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2021, 11:26:48 AM »

you lose less than 1 perk if you bail. you get 3 perks if you bail.  3.75 if you land.  most just bail, rtb not worth the perks.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2021, 12:01:22 PM »
Another consequence would be that things beside c47s could land there.

HiTech

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2021, 12:08:13 PM »
you lose less than 1 perk if you bail. you get 3 perks if you bail.  3.75 if you land.  most just bail, rtb not worth the perks.

semp

Exactly. Perks earned are minimal to have to RTB. Map now is almost 2 sectors to resupply any strat on knight end. You can land a sortie in GV (providing enemy is clear), but not in C47.
Unless a ton of ppl are on board to hold a "mass resupply", doing so I think is the least glamourous of all jobs unless you are just doing it for perks.
I think it would be a better option and MAY get more folks doing it but for those that do it but I doubt it will be an "incentive" that would even be noticeable in game play.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2021, 12:15:48 PM »
Another consequence would be that things beside c47s could land there.

HiTech

Has there been any significant numbers with folks landing at VEH fields since the inception of the landing strips? I have used them much more even to land bombers or a damaged aircraft, but I don't see this a consequence. (I can see me plowing trees with 163s)
Enemy aircraft "could" also land here, but I dont see that being any sorts effective as they could land there anyway.