Author Topic: DR7 Honorary/Memorial Event  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Scorchdraken

• Zinc Member
DR7 Honorary/Memorial Event
« on: March 04, 2021, 12:41:21 PM »
We should do some kind of special even in the main arena in honor of DR7 on Saturday evening. I talked a little bit about this with his son, Brian Tinney, and talked with Toddbobe about some ideas of what we could do.

So far the only ideas we have are as follows.

-A mass flyover with as many people as we can get from all three countries flying in a formation.

-A large three country furball with everyone using Spitfire 9s (I was told that was his favorite plane.)

-(Toddbobe's idea) A tank drive with guns depressed followed by a few moments of silence.

-Mass Spitfire flyover with a T34/85 parade simultaneously. (Idea from amother player)

-All of the above on different nights (idea from another player)

Further ideas can be suggested and I also have this posted as a poll on the Aces High facebook group. All of us should take a vote on what we should do for DR7.

Rest in peace DR7. <S>
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 01:12:27 PM by Scorchdraken »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: DR7 Honorary/Memorial Event
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 01:23:34 PM »
m18 race would be nice.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 03:53:16 PM »
Another idea:  Everyone on, meet up at a designated town in M18s. Populate the hills, streets etc, and everyone aim at a point over the flag pole.  At a designated time, everyone fire at will in a continuous salute to a great competitor and friend, DR7.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 03:55:11 PM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 01:28:19 AM »
Could we include a small event for Shriike too? He passed in late Jan.
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline Scorchdraken

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 11:36:16 AM »
Could we include a small event for Shriike too? He passed in late Jan.

We can, if you will be online Saturday evening, then we could work out a flyover or something with Shrike's favorite plane after DR7's event.