Author Topic: Good night/knight and blessings my friends  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Re: Good night/knight and blessings my friends
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2021, 08:04:13 PM »
There are several ways to play this game.  Many years in AW I was highly competitive.  Being an athlete it comes with the personality.  As I progressed in age and experience and graduating to AH in 2000 it was a learning adventure. I used to get po'd if I got shot down, not at my opponent but at myself.  Aggravation.     I gradually learned that the game is for fun.  If you're going to get po'd whenever you get shot down.......naturally the game is not fun.  So get better......but you're still going to be defeated in virtual air combat no matter how good you or others think you are.  Fact of life.

Don't worry about how anyone else plays the game.  Their choice, just as it is your choice on how you wish to look at the game.

Loosen up..........don't sweat the small stuff........don't be bothered by trolls on 200.  Just have fun.  The game becomes much more enjoyable when you don't make it a real life or death situation.

When you get shot down.......get another plane from the hangar and just play for the fun and relaxation.  Please consider these words from an "Old Timer."  You'll enjoy the game more.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2021, 08:59:03 PM »
There are several ways to play this game.  Many years in AW I was highly competitive.  Being an athlete it comes with the personality.  As I progressed in age and experience and graduating to AH in 2000 it was a learning adventure. I used to get po'd if I got shot down, not at my opponent but at myself.  Aggravation.     I gradually learned that the game is for fun.  If you're going to get po'd whenever you get shot down.......naturally the game is not fun.  So get better......but you're still going to be defeated in virtual air combat no matter how good you or others think you are.  Fact of life.

Don't worry about how anyone else plays the game.  Their choice, just as it is your choice on how you wish to look at the game.

Loosen up..........don't sweat the small stuff........don't be bothered by trolls on 200.  Just have fun.  The game becomes much more enjoyable when you don't make it a real life or death situation.

When you get shot down.......get another plane from the hangar and just play for the fun and relaxation.  Please consider these words from an "Old Timer."  You'll enjoy the game more.

Your post should be stickied all by itself at the top of this forum,  Wayne!

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Goat1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2021, 05:58:29 AM »

Yup  :aok
"Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer." — Major Thomas B. 'Tommy' McGuire, USAAF

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2021, 07:42:59 AM »
Last thing you do is whine in a vague way about the game on its bbs in a fashion that would suggest the game is hacked thus scaring away others who might have otherwise tried it.

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2021, 04:23:31 PM »
Your post should be stickied all by itself at the top of this forum,  Wayne!

TC

Thanks Johnny!  Took me to long to realize it was for fun!
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2021, 06:29:48 PM »
  We have seen many rage quits here on these forums and the OP may have had a few frustrating sorties as we all have.

However I think these "bad Gamers" are a few bad apples and do not represent most I have encountered here.
  It was disrespectful or just contradictory of the OP with his statement "You have been kind and friends over these many years, but, it is apparent that not many of you respect HiTech and all his efforts to keep this game going."

All of us continue to support this game whether we play every day, just a few days a month or not at all. In any group there are always some that well will not have your same ethics. Do not wrestle in the mud with a pig. The Pig likes it!

I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2021, 06:38:00 PM »
Really miss Midwar.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2021, 12:18:57 AM »
Really miss Midwar.

keep practicing your shooting skills  :devil

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2021, 02:40:01 PM »
   It was disrespectful or just contradictory of the OP with his statement "You have been kind and friends over these many years, but, it is apparent that not many of you respect HiTech and all his efforts to keep this game going."

All of us continue to support this game whether we play every day, just a few days a month or not at all. In any group there are always some that well will not have your same ethics. Do not wrestle in the mud with a pig. The Pig likes it! 

Based on many of the comments here in the bulletin board, I can see how the OP would come to that conclusion.  There have been many posts flat out stating that HiTech does not care about the game or the players, or that he does not know how to run the game properly, etc.  The lack of respect shown to the man is shocking.

I don't get to fly as often as I would like.  But when I do, I thoroughly enjoy this wonderful world we get to play in, in spite of the fact that my greatest talent is making holes in the ground.

My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2021, 03:58:09 PM »

Thanks everyone for all  your comments.  PUMA44, this meme is quite meaningful.

I therefore withdrawl my departure and set a new destination.   :aok :airplane: :airplane: :airplane: :airplane: :airplane: :airplane: :joystick: :joystick: :joystick:
Uncle Fred

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2021, 04:09:01 PM »
Thanks everyone for all  your comments.  PUMA44, this meme is quite meaningful.

I therefore withdrawl my departure and set a new destination.   :aok :airplane: :airplane: :airplane: :airplane: :airplane: :airplane: :joystick: :joystick: :joystick:

Good to hear, that's awesome

Got to learn how to make your own personal fun and enjoyable experience in HT's sandbox

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2021, 04:15:11 PM »
Good to hear, that's awesome

Got to learn how to make your own personal fun and enjoyable experience in HT's sandbox

Hope this helps

TC

For those not understanding, this MEME is quite a reflection on the "FORCE"/// Star Wars "A New Hope".  lol   :x :banana:

Uncle Fred

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2021, 04:20:15 PM »
Uncle Fred

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2021, 07:38:34 PM »
I therefore withdrawl my departure and set a new destination.   

Good to have you back, and thanks to Puma for helping make it happen.

- oldman

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2021, 08:52:46 PM »
I sort of stole this from someone else's post a while ago. I cant remember who :)

In like 2019 I was getting frustrated with the game and thought there were a few cheaters. No, its just really good players doing what they want to do, like Dr7 being a tank god (RIP).

I only accuse others of cheating ironically and buying cheat codes as a joke now (I pretty much copy JVLees "cheat codes!" jokes lol)

In my experience many of the people "accusing" others of "cheating" are just goofing. Granted there are a few that are serious but I think many of them are goofing. Any example for me would be if certain person can always 1 ping pw me and others with no other damage  with a 30cal consistently I would make a comment something like: "dang, so and so must have the aimbot 3.0" I even had somebody once comment that they felt the same way about my shooting! (which has got to be some of the worst in the game)

In any event it IS possible that with a game this old that somebody went to the effort of creating an aimbot. There used to be a video on youtube (that CR requested taken down as it was giving them bad press) of an ESP hack that a guy made a video of in game. The problem is this kind of stuff is very hard to detect and even harder to ban. Cheaters can get a new IP or use a different credit card etc.  I have played many games that have obvious cheating going on. Heck I ran ShowEQ back in the day which was a hack that you could run on a Linux box showing a live map of all the goings on in a zone in Everquest but it was completely undetectable and I was never caught.

I would even go to say that most of what people think are cheats are not cheats but more like "trade secrets" An example of this is some players know exactly where to shoot a plane that they will get the kill if somebody else shoots them down even if there is no obvious damage to the plane. They will then go engage another target and let somebody "assist" them in getting the kill. (to some that would be gamey) Another is I once heard a GVer complain on 200 about an "impossible" shot because the  gunner would not have been able to see him. (The other side of the discussion was that the guy that killed him shot from the commander position and not the gunner position)

My point is that there ARE people lame enough to cheat, however, in my experience, this game does not appear to have nearly the amount of cheaters of many other games and more times then not there is some explanation for what happened.

I do think it's easier just to call them a cheater though!  :noid
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 09:04:25 PM by hazmatt »