Author Topic: Bomber Target Order  (Read 617 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
Bomber Target Order
« on: March 23, 2021, 10:04:08 AM »
I was looking at someone's web page, and I ran across this:

"Bomber Kill Order

Right drone, left drone, lead (center)"

I have seen something similar before.  What is the reasoning for this?

Second question:  I am often in the position of trying to hit a bomber group on its final approach to the target. I usually try to hit the lead bomber in the hopes that I can mess up his aim.  Am I correct that shooting down the lead bomber can mess up the alignment on the target?

My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Re: Bomber Target Order
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 11:17:27 AM »
Ive wondered the same about attacking the lead bomber, i try to take the wing off so it at least tumbles and forces him to bail rather than appearing in the number 2 plane instantly.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 11:41:53 AM »
The theory behind right-left-center I believe was related to they wouldn't change position in their formation, so they wouldn't warp as much.

I don't find much of an issue with that, and if I'm doing the stupid dead-six suicide charge with a heavy cannon plane, I like to shoot the left one and then switch to the lead.  That way the right one moves across my sight behind the lead and hopefully I can spray them both down.

I've heard rumors shooting the lead messes with calibration, but have never confirmed it.  Are we talking a slightly different airspeed when you switch to the drone, like by <5mph?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 02:29:44 PM »
I've heard rumors shooting the lead messes with calibration, but have never confirmed it.  Are we talking a slightly different airspeed when you switch to the drone, like by <5mph?

Wiley.

No, I'm thinking more that the drones have to change position when one of them becomes lead.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com