Author Topic: Controller Button Mapping  (Read 896 times)

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
Controller Button Mapping
« on: March 27, 2021, 01:38:16 AM »
Hi guys <S>

I am a new VR user with the Oculus Rift S .. unbelievable I must say.

I have this problem in that if I set a button on the hand controller to look back and I hit this button while my touch controller is locked onto the yoke, the press of the look back button puts my elevators in the full up position.  If I am flying along unlocked to the yoke, so in Autopilot, I can look around all day and no inputs to the elevator occur. 

Its like when these two buttons are combined it inputs an elevator up command.

NikonGuy <S>
You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
Re: Controller Button Mapping
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 02:41:38 AM »
Update

I think its got something to do with the Auto Take Off.
If I don't use Auto Take Off it doesn't happen.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 03:22:44 AM »
Hi guys <S>

I am a new VR user with the Oculus Rift S .. unbelievable I must say.

I have this problem in that if I set a button on the hand controller to look back and I hit this button while my touch controller is locked onto the yoke, the press of the look back button puts my elevators in the full up position.  If I am flying along unlocked to the yoke, so in Autopilot, I can look around all day and no inputs to the elevator occur. 

Its like when these two buttons are combined it inputs an elevator up command.

NikonGuy <S>
So..dont use your Joy Stick with VR? I can do it, "Fly with Hand Controllers".....it handi-capped me! I needed the feed back of Joy Stick spring resistance.
My advice would be to 1: Use your Stick...untill you get comfortable with VR.2:Same as 1 :neener: The only other Folk, that I KNOW, use the Hand Controllers, have had a rough go of it?!!! JMHO Another thing...go into Control Settings and see what those buttons are used for? AH does sort of, pre-load control settings...DEFAULT??? Might even be because this is a +modifier button issue? Dont get frustrated...go back to Joy Stick...VR is WAY TOO BOSS to not use it!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 05:03:29 AM »
Yes am flying tomorrow with the squad and will be using J/S .. very difficult with the hand controllers :P

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2021, 08:45:49 AM »
First thing I did with my RiftS after flying with the touch controllers for 5 minutes was to figure out how to turn that off. It was cute but it kinda sucked as you found out too!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2021, 02:13:54 AM »
Yes am flying tomorrow with the squad and will be using J/S .. very difficult with the hand controllers :P
Strong in this one,is! :rock What Squad do you fly? I ABSOLUTELY KNOW..that I should know? DANG MS...just cant remember!!!??? Dont know if anyone else, in your SQUAD uses VR...BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT... Look into VoiceAttack!!!! It is a Speech to Text app! Free trial is 10 ish comands...but I used it for MONTHS before Paying for Unlimited commands! I use it for Gear,Salvo's..OH CHIT, compression flaps🤣
   Well you are addicted, by NOW???! WELCOME TO VR...DONE RIGHT!!!!!! HAT SWITCH availability...PRICELESS!!! :x   PS: Please remember, that I sort of helped you out with this post?????  :rofl Now I gotta look out for ANOTHER VR Red Feller? toejamE!!! What have I done????????????????????????? :rofl

« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 02:17:04 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 08:06:04 AM »
Voice attack is indispensable for VR. Just get it and pay the ten bucks for the unlimited version. You'll constantly be thinking of things you can just make a voice command for.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2021, 05:38:59 PM »
Voice attack is indispensable for VR. Just get it and pay the ten bucks for the unlimited version. You'll constantly be thinking of things you can just make a voice command for.

Haha sounds like fun ... voice attack, "get me a beer, please" :P

Cheers guys <S>