Author Topic: Smaller maps  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
Smaller maps
« on: March 28, 2021, 11:34:52 AM »
Smaller maps would be a great thing. At least one in rotation. Late hours are getting rough for folks who don't like doing 38000ft bombing raids.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Smaller maps
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 11:36:20 AM »
Do 12,000 foot raids and fight your way through.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 04:45:28 PM »
As much as I hate to say... it is getting pretty lame in the American wee smalls ..... I have auto side balance checked and end up on a side with no fight and a long flight to stick my nose into someone elses... sure I am just one person... but we have a serious number deficiency at my time of play (Could seriously shut it down for a four hours a day... make them hungry for it)  especially since half of the small number are tower sitters sleeping... of the others they are either bombing strats for the American morning crew or hiding in or camping a spawn hanger in a GV or taking the lack advantage of the lack of people shutting down the guns of a field and hanging around waiting for someone to finally see an icon and flashing base to up and well... not even think about trying to make things stimulating ... I am about to let my alternative funtime account lapse since I can't even get enough enjoyable game time to cover my 50cents a day on my main playtime account..
Condensing game play my just help...but who knows...my idea of fun seems to be way different to many i encounter lately

Take off auto switch you say... I would love to...but when 1 person can sway a side balance ... being able to have that option to switch by choice once after an auto change is very appealing... because six hours is too long to be waiting... for me anyway... but hey...I'm a dreamer 

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 05:10:17 PM »
We have smaller maps in the Axis vs Allies arena.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 07:18:08 PM »
We have smaller maps in the Axis vs Allies arena.

that would be cool if they were populated during my primetime...

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 02:16:48 AM »
Do 12,000 foot raids and fight your way through.
do you even play?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 09:04:58 AM »
do you even play?

Really, you have to ask that question??  :rolleyes:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2021, 11:09:22 AM »
do you even play?

Yes every Saturday from 6pm est untill the fights disappear.  Been here since tour 21.

The point i was trying to make was its more fun to fight at 12k than it is to climb safely to 38k and plop bombs on targets where no one will bother you. If word gets out a 12k set of buffs are around i think you'll find some action.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2021, 11:49:08 AM »
peanut not sure if you got killed more than you killed last night on that big map we were playing last night.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2021, 03:14:39 PM »
MNM has alt capped at 4k which shrinks the fight zone nicely

That should be tried in MA maybe a night a week with a cap at like 8 or 10k..above that some kind of crazy updraft pulls you out

The same maps would then instantly become smaller

It would increase action without having to make new smaller maps

I think the only whine would come from the bomber but being one day a week I think they might be alright with it

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2021, 04:57:40 PM »
MNM has alt capped at 4k which shrinks the fight zone nicely

That should be tried in MA maybe a night a week with a cap at like 8 or 10k..above that some kind of crazy updraft pulls you out

The same maps would then instantly become smaller

It would increase action without having to make new smaller maps

I think the only whine would come from the bomber but being one day a week I think they might be alright with it

Eagler

I know scores are not a way to judge anything, BUT.....

I think the majority of players these days are win the war and points guys, NOT the fighter guys of days of old. Look at the top 30 or so players in the overall ranks, HALF of them arent in the top 50 in fighters and the attack rank is almost the same.

And then you have the "points" guys, they arent going to mess up their scores by having to stay low and in "danger".

No if there was so many players interested in flying low alt fights like you think MNM would be packed, and it isnt.

No I think if Hitech granted your wish you'd see an empty MA one night a week.

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2021, 08:12:08 PM »
peanut not sure if you got killed more than you killed last night on that big map we were playing last night.

semp
Last night was fun stuff. Until the arena population dropped about 78%.

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2021, 08:14:12 PM »
Really, you have to ask that question??  :rolleyes:
Seen him one time in 3 months. Just saying that for someone who spends very little time playing, he probably should add less to conversations about gameplay.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2021, 09:32:27 PM »
Seen him one time in 3 months. Just saying that for someone who spends very little time playing, he probably should add less to conversations about gameplay.

I've never tallied my total time in game, but after 20 years Im thinking its up there. Do I have time to put in 60 hours a tour any more? No, foolishly I started a family, got both my sons through college, maintain two houses, mine and my 82 year old mother in laws, work a full time job building for the day I can finally retire, only a few more years to go.

But none of that precludes me knowing about the game. I have been here since tour 21 and have never missed a tour. Some were in the 60 hour range to as low as a few hours a tour, but between the time I have been in the game and the time I've spent on the boards I think I know the game and hows its played pretty well. Ive seen its rise to its heyday, and stumble to the numbers we have now. I have played when there was only 20 players in the air and when there was 400. I have played when they use to close out the two main arenas to open a single arena each day to try and generate enough numbers for the Euro players to have some fun.

Just because I dont agree with your post doesnt make me unknowledgeable it just puts me on the other side of the debate. 

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2021, 12:37:14 AM »
I've never tallied my total time in game, but after 20 years Im thinking its up there. Do I have time to put in 60 hours a tour any more? No, foolishly I started a family, got both my sons through college, maintain two houses, mine and my 82 year old mother in laws, work a full time job building for the day I can finally retire, only a few more years to go.

But none of that precludes me knowing about the game. I have been here since tour 21 and have never missed a tour. Some were in the 60 hour range to as low as a few hours a tour, but between the time I have been in the game and the time I've spent on the boards I think I know the game and hows its played pretty well. Ive seen its rise to its heyday, and stumble to the numbers we have now. I have played when there was only 20 players in the air and when there was 400. I have played when they use to close out the two main arenas to open a single arena each day to try and generate enough numbers for the Euro players to have some fun.

Just because I dont agree with your post doesnt make me unknowledgeable it just puts me on the other side of the debate.
So what is your solution?