Author Topic: Smaller maps  (Read 1378 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Smaller maps
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2021, 10:54:07 AM »
Most of the maps currently in rotation, are smaller maps. Smaller maps being a map with 50 bases or less per country.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2021, 11:35:42 AM »
So what is your solution?

That depends on which problem you are talking about.

Small maps in the MA are like the small island map , those with 10 sectors across and 10 down, or a 256 map. If your asking to have some of the small scenario maps brought in you can forget it. Those are 2 sided maps and Hitech has said the MA arena will stay 3 sided. To change a 2 sided .ap to a 3 sided map is the same as building a whole new map and so not worth the time and effort.

We do have many  small maps and they work well during US prime time. The numbers then fill up the space and you cant help but find action. Its the off time that the action lags and it is just due to numbers. Making smaller maps would only over crowd prime time which believe me is almost as bad as not having enough numbers (it was the reason Hitech split the MA arenas back in the day when we have much higher numbers).

The only way to get better numbers i think is to add a free version that allows players to use a very limited group of planes and gvs IN the MA arena with the rest of us. Some will convert to the subscription others will stay free, but better numbers and word of mouth from the extra free players may bring in more players.

Standing pat hasn't seemed to help even during a pandemic when many people are forced to stay home, try something new.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2021, 03:13:18 PM »
I think if you have free planes you will have to mute 200 as the noise there would become unbearable.

Gets there now with paying customers..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2021, 11:14:36 PM »
I think if you have free planes you will have to mute 200 as the noise there would become unbearable.

Gets there now with paying customers..

Eagler
most nights lately the only people using 200 are kilroy and saladbar...annoying as heck.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2021, 05:51:06 PM »

that would be cool if they were populated during my primetime...

And what time is that?
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2021, 07:22:35 PM »
My 5pm - midnight...(which is usually the time I get on..mostly from 8:30pm) is your EDT -4GMT... right now it is 1:18pm Thursday and Washington DC 8:18pm Wed