Author Topic: Auto country change issue  (Read 519 times)

Offline Badboy

• Silver Member
Auto country change issue
« on: April 07, 2021, 03:27:01 AM »
I was on today with very low numbers, two sides with 3 and one with 2.

I was on a side with 3, but the other two guys on my country seemed to be away from the keyboard, and judging by the radar and kill messages the only fight was on the other side of the map and between the other two countries.

I could have just manually switched to the side with 2 players, but I realized that with such low numbers that situation could change quickly so decided to try the auto side switch in the hope of getting the best/most fights possible. I really didn't want to log. So I turned it on, got the warnings about six hours, but no problem, I'll be switched automatically as needed and get more fights in than if I do it manually.

Problem is, it didn't happen. No auto side switch took place. So I checked the numbers and I was still not on lowest side. Just in case the switch was triggered by ending flight, I upped and towered again to see if I would switch, but nothing again.

As I hadn't actually changed sides yet, I'll thought I'd go back and do it manually and at least get some action. Nope, when I turned off the auto side switch it was saying I couldn't change for 6 hours. I was stuck where I was with no other choice but to log off. (insert sad music here  :lol)

Had I not been so keen to get some action and thought about it a bit longer I should have realized that the auto switch was intended to solve a bigger side difference than one player :rolleyes:

However, the reason I flag it up as an issue is that no actual side change took place, yet the six hour wait was still applied.

Is it possible that the six hour wait could only be triggered by an actual side change?

Kind regards

Badboy
The Damned (est. 1988)
  • AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Air Warrior Trainer - Retired

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Auto country change issue
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 08:56:08 AM »
Another problem I found - I was playing around with changing countries offline, and my changes and the side-switching time limit were applied when I went online. 

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Auto country change issue
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 06:33:11 PM »
Another problem I found - I was playing around with changing countries offline, and my changes and the side-switching time limit were applied when I went online.

That depends on your off line setyings