Author Topic: VR Optimisation  (Read 688 times)

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
VR Optimisation
« on: April 09, 2021, 10:39:11 PM »
I have come across some info regarding VR quality that isn't obvious to find and set. 
These settings made a substantial increase in quality for me.

First thing is if you are also running a monitor as a mirror ... unplug it, I found this greatly increase smoothness in VR as the graphics card was running a 32 inch screen that I wasn't using, while in VR anyway.

Second is for those guys using the Oculus Rift S .. there is a hidden setting down in the depths of the software that unless you are told, you wouldn't necessarily find it. Again this made a big change for me in terms of pixel quality. Refer to the attached pics :)

Go to Device Settings, click the arrow at far right, scroll down to Graphics Preference and select Prioritise Quality.

NikonGuy <S>
You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: VR Optimisation
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 04:19:26 AM »
YES!!! TRUTH!!!!!  1st   Right up and until...you get "kicked to Desktop" :rofl Talk about "OH CHIT"! I rolled back settings after that happened a few times..more than compensated for Non Initiated Lawn Darting :aok :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain