Author Topic: FSO Spirit of Intent  (Read 3001 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: FSO Spirit of Intent
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2021, 07:19:09 AM »
If FSO is historical and it's integral to it's operation then let's circle back around to the complaints about unfair matchups/setups.  History shows us that both sides of the war had held the upper hand at different points during the war.  Sometimes battle to battle. Why the complaints? I mean since we are here for the "history." 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 07:25:33 AM by waystin2 »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2021, 01:43:39 PM »
If FSO is historical and it's integral to it's operation then let's circle back around to the complaints about unfair matchups/setups.  History shows us that both sides of the war had held the upper hand at different points during the war.  Sometimes battle to battle. Why the complaints? I mean since we are here for the "history." 

Why the complaints? Because that's what people do. Sometimes it just doesn't work out how the designer envisioned it. Sometimes we fail to take into account various aspects that might help or hinder one side or the other. We try our best to mitigate it. But, is also important to look at not just the fact that it happened, but why it happened, so there isn't overcompensation.

We take a battle or campaign and have to take certain liberties when it comes to polishing it for an event. Often times it involves cutting down a planeset, limiting certain planes, or reducing side percentages from would-be historical numbers to make it playable and fun. All while keeping the historical aspect alive in the planeset, map, and objectives.

I can promise you that no one is just dismissing complaints. We all have to make sure everyone has a good time. That's on the designers to create it, the setups to build it, the CICs to produce orders that are within the rules and spirit of the event, and the players to fly it.  :cheers:
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2021, 05:51:53 AM »
I really appreciate you guys that do the FSOs. I can't think of one that I was able to fly that I didn't enjoy.
 :salute