Author Topic: PingPlotter Results  (Read 531 times)

Offline Smoke44

• Zinc Member
PingPlotter Results
« on: April 19, 2021, 06:29:41 PM »
I’m an old participant, pre-AH3, and considering returning. In looking at my current ping results I have some concerns and questions. In looking at the results, according to my feeble mind, Hops 7 and 8 are screwed up. The results are consistent each time Plotter is run, as far as these two IP’s are concerned. One of the tests, Hop 8 showed up as 4.69.208.86 with 100% packet loss and Hop 7 was around 39%.
1.   Is this a hopeless exercise for me?
2.   Am I using the correct target IP for High Tec?
3.   Would the issue show up as warps, shooting where the enemy is no longer at, dropped connections, etc?

See attached
Thx

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: PingPlotter Results
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 08:15:55 PM »
this is the address on the HTC page for the main arena, 71.252.137.153

I dont know if that is still the right address or not because the web page list the last update as 2018, and I know Hitech moved the server to his home a year or so ago.

However, using the address you used I got about the same results and have NO ill effects while playing the game. Also, your better off running the ping for 10-15 minutes to get a better average. Anything under 250ms is good as long as its stable. If its bouncing all over the place you'll have issues.

Worst case you sign up and spend $15 to find out how it works for you. If it doesnt work well your only out $15, if it does work out, Welcome back!

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 08:33:45 PM »
I think 100% packet loss can be indicative of that hop's server being set to not respond to pings...

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 01:25:59 AM »
Looks plenty good enough to be fully playable. Your roundtrip is only 66 ms, on this side of the pond we're talking triple of that and we still don't bounce all around the sky.

My ping plotter runs have always shown a similar 100% loss between two certain servers and whaddaya know! Both your problematic servers and mine happen to belong to Level3 who's the bad boy of Internet, grabbing more deals than they have resources for and favouring the best paying clients like Netflix.

Anyhoo, the rest of the plot is consistent, no big spikes other than the one that might be explained by a ping block like Oboe suggests. Your connections are in the upper golden class.

Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Smoke44

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 11:38:29 AM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate all of your inputs. I’ll probably give it a try and see how it goes. See ya in there!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 10:15:15 AM »
Just remember if one plane is warping it is probably them..

If all are warping it is probably you

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Smoke44

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2021, 11:00:21 AM »
Good point Eagler