Author Topic: A Desperate plea for the old sound system.  (Read 3816 times)

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
Re: A Desperate plea for the old sound system.
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2021, 12:21:01 PM »
Tell you what TH, you pay my hospital bill ($78k) and reimburse me my expenses in recording and creating FMOD sounds ($200k should do it), and I'll fix all your complaints to date.

Deal?

Seems quite expensive compared to just returning to the other sound packs which sounded much better than what we have available to us today and free of charge.

And sir with all do respects to your health as I pray you get better, but I don't remember any players who made other sound packs back in aces high 2 begging for handouts on the BBS .<S>

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2021, 03:36:30 PM »
I don't think that was begging. More a dry comment to let you know that spending hours fixing a sound pack for a game is not high on the priority list right now.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2021, 10:33:31 PM »
I don't think that was begging. More a dry comment to let you know that spending hours fixing a sound pack for a game is not high on the priority list right now.

Why do we have to fix something that wasn't broke in the first place?

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2021, 06:50:36 AM »
Why do we have to fix something that wasn't broke in the first place?

It's called progress/modernisation, without such, we'd still be on AH1 graphics and 20 polygons per plane :P .
FMOD is a fantastic and widely used sound system, AcesHigh3 moving to it made sense.  :old:
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2021, 09:06:58 AM »
It's called progress/modernisation, without such, we'd still be on AH1 graphics and 20 polygons per plane :P .
FMOD is a fantastic and widely used sound system, AcesHigh3 moving to it made sense.  :old:

We still have AH1 graphics if you fly the tempest....

While I understand the advantages of FMOD I feel like with out a proper sound pack it's a step back for the game. It sounds so silly hearing planes flying by at 400 mph with their engines starting up, and that's just one example of "features" added with the FMOD update

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2021, 11:33:02 AM »
Development resources and costs are probably the prime reason.

Most people without any sort of coding or development experience think all you need is to wave a wand.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2021, 06:39:00 PM »
We still have AH1 graphics if you fly the tempest....

While I understand the advantages of FMOD I feel like with out a proper sound pack it's a step back for the game. It sounds so silly hearing planes flying by at 400 mph with their engines starting up, and that's just one example of "features" added with the FMOD update

Incorrect! The engine startup in flight is my attempt to identify airplanes as they start. It works. The problem is that the sound pack quickly grew to the point that there was no effective way for anyone to test them out as I made them. There are many other features which my sound pack has broken new ground with. You didn't even notice them because they work.

Glad to know you have such solid appreciation for all my hard work! (Just another dry comment).
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2021, 08:46:13 AM »
Amazing all the other things he is not noticing like ambient sounds based on where you are.

HiTech

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2021, 09:18:18 AM »
Heck these guys figured out the whole ambient sound thing how long ago?

https://youtu.be/ilYHGTwc7Vc

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2021, 02:35:07 PM »
Incorrect! The engine startup in flight is my attempt to identify airplanes as they start. It works. The problem is that the sound pack quickly grew to the point that there was no effective way for anyone to test them out as I made them. There are many other features which my sound pack has broken new ground with. You didn't even notice them because they work.

Glad to know you have such solid appreciation for all my hard work! (Just another dry comment).

I love the sounds, thanks Chalenge!
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI