Author Topic: NO sound when in vr.  (Read 843 times)

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
NO sound when in vr.
« on: April 23, 2021, 10:57:51 PM »
The only time I can get AH sound while my vr headset is on is when I goto my Rift s dashboard. When I have the game selected I lose AH sound. New problem directly after updating AH this week. What have I done? I can't play...

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: NO sound when in vr.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 11:46:22 PM »
Make sure the headset is selected in the sounds section of the clipboard. Also in windows.

There was another thing about sounds cutting out when I took off the headset. Want to say it was vr mode swap? Try uncheckimg that in the VR section of the clipboard. Think that gave me a problem too.

I have a RiftS too and use the oculus tray tool. It has a lot of other settings and you can set up profiles for different games. It has an audio switcher that will switch to the headset speakers and mic when I start AH and then switch back to the desktop when I'm done. Very handy.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 03:32:16 AM »
One more thing to check....Make sure that "Headphones(Rift audio) is set as default in Windows. Every Oculus Update sets my default to, "Head Phones (Oculus Virtual Audio Device). Also make sure the same is default in Aces High. Nvidia updates cause same issue, some times.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 08:04:02 AM »
Oh yeah just disable that virtual device. It only causes conflicts. If you use OBS to record make sure you check the audio settings in there as updates scramble them too. And yeah it WILL come back with updates so you'll have to keep checking. Just annoying. I'm not sure but I think it's something to do with the Quests. In fact, most of if not all of the updates you get in an update are Quest related. Oculus homogenized their software a while back after the Quest was released and have been pretty Quest-centric ever since.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 10:17:57 AM »
AH Switches sound settings and most other settings based on if your head set is on or off.

So when you are choosing your sound devices or stick configurations for the oculus make sure you have the head set on.

I have mine set so when the head set is on my head , it uses oculus. I remove the head set and it switches to speakers.

HiTech

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 02:42:23 PM »
I use the Chalenge Custom sound pack. I've noticed that if I remove the VR headset and then put it back on, it will cut out the engine sound. Guns still fire, other sounds are there. But it's eerily quiet from the engine bay ;-) Stopping/starting engine in-flight doesn't fix. The only fix is to end sortie (or typically die, more usually), and then re-up a new sortie.

For those not using custom sounds...I don't think this has been an issue.
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 05:56:21 PM »
Yeah that was it. It killed the engine sound. My workaround that was to ditch vr mode switch in game and use the audio switcher in OTT. That way as long as you're playing the game the audio sources don't do anything until quit. This won't switch the video to the monitor tho.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"