Author Topic: Squelch kill messages  (Read 898 times)

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
Squelch kill messages
« on: April 17, 2021, 09:51:11 PM »
Is there a way to squelch kill messages without squelching all other system messages?  The help pages say to squelch channel 6 but that does not seem to work.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Squelch kill messages
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 08:07:15 AM »
You can only open another text window and separate them

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2021, 08:48:50 AM »
Is there a way to squelch kill messages without squelching all other system messages?  The help pages say to squelch channel 6 but that does not seem to work.

Move cursor over the chat box. Right click and go to settings.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 08:32:01 PM »
I can right click the tab and turn off System Messages but that means I miss a lot of other stuff too.  I am just trying to squelch the kill messages.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 08:34:52 PM »
I can right click the tab and turn off System Messages but that means I miss a lot of other stuff too.  I am just trying to squelch the kill messages.

You cant. The best you can do is to add another tab/message window and have all the system messages display on that one. I have both open showing about 3-4 lines of text each

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 05:42:44 AM »
This request has come up a few times before.

Maybe HT will make a way to disable it after he gets around to getting rid of the snowman troops :)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 07:50:42 AM »
In this day and age where co workers need daily shout outs from their co workers & supers for doing the job they are paid to do,  where all participants get a trophy, HT is onto something here as I believe ppls egos need constant stroking these days or some curl up in the fetal position.

The instant name in lights with each kill feeds this to those that enjoy or maybe even need it to feel good..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 08:24:22 PM »
In this day and age where co workers need daily shout outs from their co workers & supers for doing the job they are paid to do,  where all participants get a trophy, HT is onto something here as I believe ppls egos need constant stroking these days or some curl up in the fetal position.

The instant name in lights with each kill feeds this to those that enjoy or maybe even need it to feel good..

Eagler

Aye. Well said.

I just wish that those of us who didn't need shout outs didn't have to hear the shout outs.

I do find it useful for one thing. (which doesn't seem to encourage ACM)
When one of my nearby teammates gets kilt I can instantly know who is in the enemy plane and plan accordingly.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has extended back to my base based on this info. 
I was in a low D9 once and from the kill spam was able to determine who was flying the two high ponies in the area.
I decided my fuel and ammo was low enough to rtb lol.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2021, 01:53:01 PM »
Making the kill spam optional would be my number one priority if I had the power to change the game on my own.  I have yet to hear a reason not to make it optional or at least separate it from the useful information like gun down, hanger down etc.   It has been a major pain in the butt ever since it was implemented.

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2021, 09:38:15 PM »
Aye. The worst for me is after an intense engagement, when you managed to get out alive, looking back and trying to find the people you want to salute in the spam. There's been times I've given up on finding it.