Author Topic: VR Mirror offset  (Read 472 times)

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
VR Mirror offset
« on: April 25, 2021, 02:28:48 PM »
So I was messing around with OBS this morning. For whatever reason I wasn't able to use game capture. Was trying to get better performance as I'd noticed some laggy behavior in my streams and recordings of late so some tweaking was needed. I had used game capture before but that was back when I was having a bunch of crashes, just assumed that was at least part of the issue and have been using a window capture of Oculus Mirror ever since. Googled it and it's apparently a problem that's been solved a couple of ways. Got that issue straightened out by restarting OBS in windows7 compatibility mode as admin. It worked, back in business. Will see if it runs any better. It should.

So game capture issue solved but now all my views are offset to the left. I'd had my forward head positions offset to the right in VR so I was looking straight thru the gunsight with my right eye so my recordings looked right/balanced. I reset to the home position and in-game VR I'm looking straight ahead with two overlapped gunsights but my recordings are offset to the left. So I can assume the VR mirror is only showing the left eye. Not that big of a deal as I just reset the head position right so I was looking straight left. Ye follow? hehe

I was wondering if it were possible to select which eye is displayed in the AH VR mirror? Maybe this should be in the wish list actually. As it is now appears it's only on or off. I was thinking this might be more of an issue with the LW planes that all have their gunsights physically offset to the right. You'd have to really shift your head position to get that looking right. Pardon the pun again.

I noticed in SteamVR, it's mirror has multiple selections. Either right or left eye, or BOTH eyes right or left dominant (better FOV than a single eye) or just both eyes. So 5 options in all. I can't imagine using that last one unless making an actual VR film. Oculus Mirror has 3 options, both, right or left.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group