Author Topic: Made in China...  (Read 3975 times)

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Made in China...
« on: April 27, 2021, 03:33:49 PM »
So many things in this article I was surprised about. I take a lot of it with a grain of salt, but there’s no doubt on the food for us and our pets! Many years back our dogs got sick from Walmart purchased treats...”jerky treats” if I remember correctly.

https://www.savespendsplurge.com/which-companies-manufacture-their-products-and-goods-in-china/

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Re: Made in China...
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 04:45:10 PM »
It is getting really difficult to buy any products NOT made in China  <S>

That's a good read.

..........another one, be careful with flea pills.....some cause dogs to have seizures.
Check  out the FDA web page to see if the product you use is listed.

:uhoh
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 04:48:42 PM by Mano »
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 11:30:46 AM »
We went from a high quality high paying technical and mechanical manufacturing economy to a cheap products, low wage, service economy all in the span of 10 years in the 90s due to places like Walmart and the policies that allowed them to get away with it.

But who really cares about "regulations and working conditions" when it's in another country. As long as we make it impossible for American businesses to succeed with those high taxes and regulations and not provide any incentive to stay in America, Am I right? :rofl
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 11:39:19 AM »
We went from a high quality high paying technical and mechanical manufacturing economy to a cheap products, low wage, service economy all in the span of 10 years in the 90s due to places like Walmart and the policies that allowed them to get away with it.

But who really cares about "regulations and working conditions" when it's in another country. As long as we make it impossible for American businesses to succeed with those high taxes and regulations and not provide any incentive to stay in America, Am I right? :rofl
Don't forget American wanting stuff and at dirt cheap prices. There was also those shareholders who wanted a better/higher return on their shares.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2021, 04:02:43 PM »
The short answer is what isn't made in the land of cheap Chinese slave labor

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2021, 04:40:08 PM »
INteresting but likely soon closed. :rolleyes:
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2021, 04:48:27 PM »

Walmart used to pay a premium if whatever they bought was made in the usa. day after he died his kids went to make as much money as they could.  even their wages went down.  it wasn't regulations, it was greed.

when I used to work in the steel company we lost about 100 small companies with less than 100 employees because they could not stay profitable due to the tariff wars in past 4 years.  they made from rebar to rims to shelves for home depot and lowes. now who knows where that comes from.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 05:40:29 PM »
iNteresting:

There are about 12 million Uighurs, mostly Muslim, living in north-western China in the region of Xinjiang, MSM never mentions them or how they are being treated.

I avoid their products when I can.

:salute

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2021, 07:32:02 PM »
Walmart used to pay a premium if whatever they bought was made in the usa. day after he died his kids went to make as much money as they could.  even their wages went down.  it wasn't regulations, it was greed.

when I used to work in the steel company we lost about 100 small companies with less than 100 employees because they could not stay profitable due to the tariff wars in past 4 years.  they made from rebar to rims to shelves for home depot and lowes. now who knows where that comes from.

semp

We use to use tariffs (like every other country) on foreign products to benefit our workers and manufacturers at home. Now we tax our workers and manufacturers and God forbid we use tariffs to compete with the rest of the world who do it to us. I'd much rather tariff the world and cut all income theft tax. Perhaps those small companies would have been able to stay in business then.

What most fail to realize is that eventually prices will stabilize all over the world and there won't be "muh cheap products" anymore. America was never built to be a cheap economy depending on the rest of the world to sustain us. America was never built to ron citizens with property tax and income tax. The zone economy is the most fundamental aspect to a prospering society and we have severely crushed that.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 07:44:51 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2021, 08:00:49 PM »
We use to use tariffs (like every other country) on foreign products to benefit our workers and manufacturers at home. Now we tax our workers and manufacturers and God forbid we use tariffs to compete with the rest of the world who do it to us. I'd much rather tariff the world and cut all income theft tax. Perhaps those small companies would have been able to stay in business then.

What most fail to realize is that eventually prices will stabilize all over the world and there won't be "muh cheap products" anymore. America was never built to be a cheap economy depending on the rest of the world to sustain us. America was never built to ron citizens with property tax and income tax. The zone economy is the most fundamental aspect to a prospering society and we have severely crushed that.

you can put all the tariffs you want on the world but guess who pays for them?

hint: not the world.

semp

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2021, 08:13:46 PM »
Europe puts a 20 per cent tax on any import car. Thus, many car companies have built plants there.
Should we put the exact tax of 20 per cent on their imports? Consumers here do not want their beemers and MB’s to go up in price. They will holler.

Many European car companies have built factories here in anticipation of that happening and to avoid transportation costs.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2021, 08:48:43 PM »
This thread was meant to be informative only. Mainly about the concerns of toxic chemicals in our food and pet food, but also even clothing, etc...

If it gets locked it’s because of where it gets taken, not because that article is controversial.  :old:

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2021, 08:51:48 PM »
wait till violator finds out we going to plant based beer only.

semp

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2021, 09:45:23 PM »
you can put all the tariffs you want on the world but guess who pays for them?

hint: not the world.

semp

So buy from your own country then and avoid their price. That's the point. Or should we just use the same working conditions and standards they use so we can cut cost and price items as cheaply as they can?

Europe puts a 20 per cent tax on any import car. Thus, many car companies have built plants there.
Should we put the exact tax of 20 per cent on their imports? Consumers here do not want their beemers and MB’s to go up in price. They will holler.

Many European car companies have built factories here in anticipation of that happening and to avoid transportation costs.

That sounds like a great idea! Would love to have those car manufacturing plants here.

This thread was meant to be informative only. Mainly about the concerns of toxic chemicals in our food and pet food, but also even clothing, etc...

If it gets locked it’s because of where it gets taken, not because that article is controversial.  :old:

It's cheap! Who cares! That's what cheap means. Crap quality that can almost kill you! Who cares tho because it's super cheap! Who cares about their working conditions and what ever the hell they do. It's cheap and Americans can afford it! Especially since we rob their tulips for even having the gall to hire someone in America.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2021, 01:07:24 AM »
So buy from your own country then and avoid their price. That's the point. Or should we just use the same working conditions and standards they use so we can cut cost and price items as cheaply as they can?

ok cool, when we raise tariffs on coconuts from timbuktu, timbuktu doesnt pay the tariff.  we do.  it is just that simple.  and if we dont have coconuts because hawaii doesnt produce enough then hawaii will raise their prices well because they can and they still wont produce all we need.

semp