Author Topic: Made in China...  (Read 3944 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Made in China...
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2021, 06:41:43 PM »
That is exactly the sort of comment I would expect from a drunk who thinks driving drunk is funny..............

and yet, you still didn't answer my question.  because based on experience i know the cost gets passed to customers.  worked in the steel industry many years. we got steel from Brazil, Japan, Mexico, and other countries.  only about 5% from the usa. you know why mostly from other countries? reliability and quality.  forget that it was also more expensive.

the slabs we would get from ussteel was crap. they were warped so bad that sometimes we could only stack them 10 high, while foreign steel we could stack 20 high.

they would always be rolled at the end just in case they damaged our equipment. once we rolled over 1000 coils that turned out to be the wrong kind of steel.  we wasted money and lost customers because that good old us steel they sent was bad.   

two countries our company would never do business with.  China and Russia, we didn't trust the quality of their steel.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Windycty

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2021, 07:53:31 PM »
I buy most of my clothes online and try to avoid Made in China. I found a good denim company right here in Chicago, IL. Dearborn Denim, I buy all my jeans are from there.  https://dearborndenim.us/

-Windy

"Four fried chickens and a Coke"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2021, 08:38:00 PM »
I buy most of my clothes online and try to avoid Made in China. I found a good denim company right here in Chicago, IL. Dearborn Denim, I buy all my jeans are from there.  https://dearborndenim.us/

-Windy

comparable to Levi's 501 made in the usa. I love my 501s.

semp

Offline SIM

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2021, 10:51:42 PM »
Actually,

I was calling semp a drunk.  A self admitted drunk driver who thinks that getting pulled for a DUI is funny.

May want to read up on your 501's semp. Well, if you're sober enough to read AND comprehend the writing.

Oldman..................meh

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2021, 12:39:02 AM »
Actually,

I was calling semp a drunk.  A self admitted drunk driver who thinks that getting pulled for a DUI is funny.

May want to read up on your 501's semp. Well, if you're sober enough to read AND comprehend the writing.

and you got that from a joke that I posted which was funny.  except it's funnier if you tell it in the first person.  I wasnt alone, there were 4 in the car and the person who was driving was not drunk as she doesnt drink.  and the reason we got pulled was the temporary tags I had in my car were expired and it took several months to get the permanent plates during the pandemic.

but any way you remind me of this guy I argued on facebook and he couldnt come up with a reason to defend his position.  so he said well you are fat and I am fit and trimmed.  I showed it to my wife and we laughed and laughed.  just like I showed your post at the legion and they all burst out laughing at you.

so do you have a position or you just gonna continue with personal attacks.  my guess personal attacks.  dont worry I dont take them personally and I dont know you and you dont know me.  all you heard was a joke.  which if you have flown with me or against me, you will know I dont take this game seriously.  tomorrow we start a new day.

semp

edit: and you may want to check out some of the 501's, they have a tag that says made in america.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 12:42:14 AM by guncrasher »

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2021, 02:08:40 PM »
Actually,

Yup.

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline SIM

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2021, 06:50:15 PM »
just got busted with 20 lbs
« on: October 17, 2020, 12:14:34 AM »

got pulled over by police, was a bit tipsy, wont deny that, had a few drinks at the legion.  officer asked me if he could check my car and trunk, I said sure, had a bag with stuff in it. he got on the radio and asked for back up.  he asked me how much was in the bag, I said I am not sure 18 or 20 lbs.

3 other officers showed up, he asked me to sit on the curb, I said sir, i cant have a bad back and bad legs, if I sit I wont be able to get up. so he said just stand still, checked me for guns and stuff.  he told me I was going to jail for dui and drug possession. I told them I understand the dui, but what drugs? he said you told me I have 18 to 20 lbs.  I said those arent drugs.  one of the cops opened the two packages and smell it.  turns to the arresting officer and said congratulations you got the biggest pork lard bust we ever had in the county.  first officer said what? it looked like meth, the other officers said, naw it's pork lard, then he turns to me and said, you know the max is 5 ounces.  the other cops are just laughing their tulips off.

the first officer is embarrassed but he just had no choice but to laugh.  he told me to lock the car and walk home pick it up in the morning.

I know it was wrong of me to drive drunk.  but it was just hilarious. anyway I learned my lesson.  will pick up the lard in the morning and head to my friend's house to make 30 lbs of carnitas.

semp

So semp, you were saying the story was different than when you posted it? Please by all means read your post and explain in a sobering manner, if thats possible for you.

BTW Levi 501's "Made is the USA" were only made at 2 plants in the US and sold for $150 a pair. Now those are not available. Research can be your friend.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2021, 08:22:53 PM »

So semp, you were saying the story was different than when you posted it? Please by all means read your post and explain in a sobering manner, if thats possible for you.

BTW Levi 501's "Made is the USA" were only made at 2 plants in the US and sold for $150 a pair. Now those are not available. Research can be your friend.

what does it has to do with your position.  like I said personal attacks will continue.  and it wasn't a story, it was a joke. like I said it is funnier if you omit some details and embellish others. here's another detail for you.  it hasn't just happened, it actually happened two months before.

like I said before, you don't know me, if you did, you would know I'm always telling some wild stories on 200. most are pretty funny.  if you knew me in person, you would know the stories are even  wider than just what i posted.

so anyway, keep up with the personal attacks. 

semp

Offline SIM

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2021, 08:40:48 PM »
My position is that you simply do not know what you're saying. Even if you claim otherwise.

You posted a story about being pulled over for driving drunk. Now you deny you were the driver and that it was was someone else for stopped for another reason. Do you know honesty in any way?

You sir, made the supposed personal attacks possible with your lies, jokes, idiocy. What my posts show is that you can not be trusted. Hopefully anyone reading your posts will take your past comments into account.

Its ok tho semp...the guys at the legion will get a kick out of it......

if there is a legion.......

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2021, 08:59:58 PM »
My position is that you simply do not know what you're saying. Even if you claim otherwise.

You posted a story about being pulled over for driving drunk. Now you deny you were the driver and that it was was someone else for stopped for another reason. Do you know honesty in any way?

You sir, made the supposed personal attacks possible with your lies, jokes, idiocy. What my posts show is that you can not be trusted. Hopefully anyone reading your posts will take your past comments into account.

Its ok tho semp...the guys at the legion will get a kick out of it......

if there is a legion.......

I didn't post a story, I posted a joke. and of course there's no such things as legions.

and you know what's funny, only 1 guy actually doubted the full joke for the right reasons. can't remember his name but he's  or was a leo. he posted it on that thread.

semp

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2021, 03:16:09 PM »
Yes, we all knew your joke in there.

What were not clear about is why you said in the thread you started that you were tipsy after a few and the cops said you’d be getting a DUI...

If you weren’t the driver as you’re stating now, why did you put that in your post?

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,402897.0.html

^ that post is why very few of us find it funny about driving after drinking.

Also did you read the article and look into your Levi’s yet?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 03:27:44 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2021, 04:05:10 PM »
We went from a high quality high paying technical and mechanical manufacturing economy to a cheap products, low wage, service economy all in the span of 10 years in the 90s due to places like Walmart and the policies that allowed them to get away with it.

This may, quite literally, be the only statement you've ever made that I completely agree with.

I haven't spent a dollar inside a Walmart in decades.  They flipped the entire ideology of fair market economics over and simply took with they wanted.  If you had a product that was American made and sold well, they offered to sell it in their stores.  Then, once your business was committed to selling with them (and your sales depended upon their stores), they decided what they were going to buy it from you for.  Look at the history of the Snapper lawnmower company sometime.  Walmart was singularly responsible for the downfall of quality in their product line... because once they depended on the sales from Wally-World, Wally world told them at what price they were going to buy their products for. This forced the workmanship and quality to go down in response.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 04:08:26 PM by MORAY37 »
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2021, 05:38:58 PM »
I haven't spent a dollar inside a Walmart in decades.

I'm not sure you are making any difference.  Shopping on Amazon or even the local Mom and Pop retailers won't make any difference.  Grandma isn't in the back warehouse soldering together TV sets out of local raw materials.

If you drove Walmart out of business, who ever took their place would be doing the exact same thing.  In a free market, production seeks maximum efficiency.  That's a feature not a bug. 

I'm old enough to remember when the problem was "Made in Japan" and "Made in Taiwan". 

I'm not saying that low end manufacturing will never return to America;  but when it does, it will be largely robotic factories.  Still not much better for your average Joe factory worker.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2021, 10:04:12 PM »
Yes, we all knew your joke in there.

What were not clear about is why you said in the thread you started that you were tipsy after a few and the cops said you’d be getting a DUI...

If you weren’t the driver as you’re stating now, why did you put that in your post?

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,402897.0.html

^ that post is why very few of us find it funny about driving after drinking.

Also did you read the article and look into your Levi’s yet?

feel sorry for the kid and his family, it's a tragedy.  what I dont understand is why you bring a post from several months after I posted my joke.  Like i said, it may not have been funny to you, but it has nothing to do with that thread you quoted.  I also noted you didnt post anything on it.  drunk driving is not funny but joking about it, well if it offends you then I have nothing to do with it.

like I said it was a joke, and it was mostly lacking lots of other details that people in the car added to it.  Like I was crying on the side of the road. begging the cop not to take me to jail, which I consider funny.  that story has gone around in the legions around here.  about the only truth to the story was the officer actually thought pork lard was meth and he was corrected by another officer a few seconds later.  the officer was embarrassed, but hey you make a mistake, we all do, add some other details and it becomes even funnier.  pretty sure the officer is still being teased about the great pork lard arrest he did.  just like I get teased about it at the legion not so much anymore.

regarding the 501's, they're a size 34.  for years I was a size 46, because of a couple of accidents and had nothing to do but eat.  but hell, some fishing lines and pork lard and I can fit into them, even though it hurts.

anyway, your personal attacks are just amusing to me.  reminds me of al bundy when he couldnt think of a come back with marcy, "well, you are a chicken".

:salute :salute

semp

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2021, 07:00:59 AM »
To bad the thread went sideways...

China is the largest threat to the security of the US as they provide us with their slave labor cheap products while owning our debt.

Always find it so confusing that the young and dumb here want to make amends for the slave time in the states while sleeping overnight in front of an apple store to get the next chinese slave labor produced iPhone..

They basically own us now and just need a way to totally collapse us without damaging themselves to badly and we are done.

The events from last year gave them that blueprint

The fed is doing their part printing trillions out of thin freaking air

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals