Author Topic: Bustr  (Read 934 times)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
Bustr
« on: May 04, 2021, 01:20:20 PM »
I have not seen Bustr in awhile. Is he doing okay?
Some of you in his squad might know what he is up to

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Bustr
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 02:56:17 PM »
he's good, almost all the pigs switched to other games. you can find them on discord. sometimes I have them on while playing ah.

check the squads thread.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 03:29:52 PM »
he's good, almost all the pigs switched to other games. you can find them on discord. sometimes I have them on while playing ah.

check the squads thread.

semp

Too bad they have all left. They were a lot of fun to fly with and against.

What do you think overall is the main reason they have left?
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 03:34:14 PM »
thanks for the quick reply. Glad to hear he is ok.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 04:04:41 PM »
Too bad they have all left. They were a lot of fun to fly with and against.

What do you think overall is the main reason they have left?

basically my own personal opinion, we are the biggest squad in ah and it made it impossible for us to play together.  whatever country we switched to had 20+ eny.  mostly high 20s. we tried to split all across 3 counties with only 1 day a week of flying together, didn't work.

they all did what they could to stay in the game. i believe a few may still have an account but no longer play.

there's around 5 or 6 of us still around. a couple joined other squads.

semp

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2021, 04:20:45 PM »
For a lot of them it was the frustration level too. Same guys flying the same planes doing the same stuff to build their score. Same with tanks, same guys hiding in the same places to pick off others. Never looking to defend a base, or attack one they just wanted kills.

So game play going that way made a lot of guys get bored with the whole mess and look for something else to do. They have their own ARMA server setup and spend a ton of time in there. "Way" has the biggest health issues, always tripping over the dog and messing up his foot, poking himself in the eye with his teaspoon in his cup, but we are all pulling for him.  :devil

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2021, 04:52:31 PM »
i think it was the eny fugi, when everybody logged in it was 28 all night long.  squad nights would last till way passed out in his chair at 3 or 4am, but they became shorter and shorter till the end would last 1 to 2 hours. then it all ended.

semp

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2021, 05:19:13 PM »
For a lot of them it was the frustration level too. Same guys flying the same planes doing the same stuff to build their score. Same with tanks, same guys hiding in the same places to pick off others. Never looking to defend a base, or attack one they just wanted kills.

So game play going that way made a lot of guys get bored with the whole mess and look for something else to do. They have their own ARMA server setup and spend a ton of time in there. "Way" has the biggest health issues, always tripping over the dog and messing up his foot, poking himself in the eye with his teaspoon in his cup, but we are all pulling for him.  :devil

If we could get more gv'er to the try the M-8 there would be a lot more variety in the action you would see driving a tank. When I take the M-8 to a v base to de ack, storches, t-34's, chase me all around the v base L O L. It is very rare anyone will up a M-8 or M-18 to look for me. Planes even come in from nearby air fields to egg my poor little defenseless M-8.  :D :D :D

Storches in general will not get near my M-8. They stay about 2k back L O L......'cause they hear  " P U L L"  followed by an explosion.   

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2021, 05:20:48 PM »
One time Bustr came looking for me in a Storch. I was in a bush and he could not see an icon. I think I got him 3 or 4 times before he figured out where I was and sent the tanks to get me.  :D :D :D

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2021, 08:03:25 PM »
i think it was the eny fugi, when everybody logged in it was 28 all night long.

That was my impression from reading the BBS.  And from being on the other side(s).  Big squads work fine when you have 300 people online.  Not so much when you have a third of that number.  And the Pigs had a wide range of skill sets, so they wanted to fly late war planes to even things out for the whole squad.

I had my issues with the Pigs, but the game suffered when they left.

- oldman

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2021, 08:53:18 PM »
  Squads and missions were once the main game play years ago that gave you the true WW2 sim feeling. The MOM missions were historic and epic. Much more gamey these days and I don't think we will see those days again.
   :salute The squads of old.      Time to travel to the Havens for a new age has swept away the past.  :old:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2021, 09:27:11 PM »
Candy Mountain Missions  :old:

Not historic but very fun. Upping 30 d3a just to be silly
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2021, 11:44:45 AM »
I can see big squads having ENY issues for sure.

I guess that just means you have to break them down into sects, have sects on each side, and fight each other to create the fights. Then more people would join in for the fights.

It's tough if you don't want to battle against your friends and squadies tho but sometimes it's better to make that sacrifice than to totally leave the game.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2021, 12:06:11 PM »
I can see big squads having ENY issues for sure.

I guess that just means you have to break them down into sects, have sects on each side, and fight each other to create the fights. Then more people would join in for the fights.

It's tough if you don't want to battle against your friends and squadies tho but sometimes it's better to make that sacrifice than to totally leave the game.

if we had only thought of that when most were around.  end of sarcasm.

semp

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2021, 02:40:53 PM »
Candy Mountain Missions  :old:

Not historic but very fun. Upping 30 d3a just to be silly

Those were always so fun!
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||