Author Topic: So, what happened to The Unforgiven?  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
So, what happened to The Unforgiven?
« on: May 08, 2021, 02:52:16 PM »
Is there an explanation as to why they they flew on the Allies last night and not the Axis as they were assigned?

Considering the numbers imbalance also seen last night, I guess it's good that they were under commitment...
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
Re: So, what happened to The Unforgiven?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 03:34:50 PM »
Unforgiven are not listed on the Allied orders.

It was 70 vs 49. With the two Unforgiven and one no squad guy, it would have been 67 vs 52.

That is still substantial. Is it just spring fever?
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 03:38:02 PM »
Unforgiven are not listed on the Allied orders.

It was 70 vs 49. With the two Unforgiven and one no squad guy, it would have been 67 vs 52.

That is still substantial. Is it just spring fever?

It's more about the behavior of that squad than the numbers balance. No matter how low the bar is set, they seem to slide their way beneath it.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 06:07:50 PM »
I would rather see the FSO CM Staff taking care of this issue or problem or what ever it is than to see a thread like this on the FSO event message board forum calling out and/ or attacking any Aces High squad in public...for something that might have not been done "by the assignments / orders"

It doesn't look good for anyone, whether it be the FSO event itself, the squad that may have messed up or anyone doing the calling out...

<S>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 06:52:00 PM »
I would rather see the FSO CM Staff taking care of this issue or problem or what ever it is than to see a thread like this on the FSO event message board forum calling out and/ or attacking any Aces High squad in public...for something that might have not been done "by the assignments / orders"

It doesn't look good for anyone, whether it be the FSO event itself, the squad that may have messed up or anyone doing the calling out...

<S>

TC

I would have rather seen this problem taken care of the first time this squad had players just show up and fly on the wrong side in whatever plane they wanted, but since these guys are chronic error repeaters... here we are.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline DH367th

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 02:38:32 AM »
I left the unforgiven before the start but as CM running the event I could not leave the arena it showed me as still unforgiven. As for the squad it self I do not know why they were a no show it lead to me and fishngy going to AK.s
Sorry for the confusion.
You don't have to be crazy but it helps

Offline RTGorkle

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2021, 04:49:11 AM »
I don’t think we can forgive them.

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2021, 07:16:48 AM »
LOL I have forgiven them.  C'mon that "moment" when somebody said "hey there's 40 of them and 6 of us ...and we're outa gas!"  You can't buy those moments.

Was fun.
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline RTGorkle

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2021, 09:13:44 AM »
Is always fun, mate. I don’t pay attention to balance and scores. It’s all just a framework, kindly provided by the FSO staff, in which to have some structured fun and either contribute to the mission or failing that, maybe learn something the hard way.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2021, 09:45:56 AM »
Squad legacy  :banana:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2021, 03:23:35 AM »
I would have rather seen this problem taken care of the first time this squad had players just show up and fly on the wrong side in whatever plane they wanted, but since these guys are chronic error repeaters... here we are.
I think you need to step back a few. The unforgiven is one of the oldest squads in this game and at one point was undoubtedly one of the best supporters of FSO. The leaders of the squad have passed away and the new leadership that took over was horsechit. They are no longer a squad but my grandfather CASHEW would be offended to see trashtalk about his buddies and his squad that gave him his only joy for the last 15 years of his life.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2021, 06:14:01 AM »
Peanut, I hope you realise people have the right to point out something even if it may offend, just as much as people have the right take offence.

To be completely dispassionate; I don't think your assumed position Cashew is the best way to go about scolding people in this thread, you should be at the ankles of those who took the squads legacy and smashed it into pieces within a very short space of time.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2021, 09:25:06 AM »
I think you need to step back a few. The unforgiven is one of the oldest squads in this game and at one point was undoubtedly one of the best supporters of FSO. The leaders of the squad have passed away and the new leadership that took over was horsechit. They are no longer a squad but my grandfather CASHEW would be offended to see trashtalk about his buddies and his squad that gave him his only joy for the last 15 years of his life.

Yeah, they used to be one of the best. But for the last few years The Unforgiven was consistently dropping the ball.

How many times did we see FSO orders arrive days late or even needing another squad to do them when it was The Unforgiven's turn as CiC? This happened on multiple occasions.

How many times did their CO fail to show up without telling his squad what their plane/assignment was? This happened so often that it pretty much became the norm.

It became clear to all the other squads that The Unforgiven was no longer likely to be an asset, but more likely to be a burden. Orders needed to be constructed not by how The Unforgiven could help the most, but by how they can hinder us the least.

The Unforgiven used to inspire excellence, but in recent years they only characterized not giving a crap.

This is not trash talk, it's just the hard truth.

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2021, 11:43:05 AM »
Yeah, they used to be one of the best. But for the last few years The Unforgiven was consistently dropping the ball.

How many times did we see FSO orders arrive days late or even needing another squad to do them when it was The Unforgiven's turn as CiC? This happened on multiple occasions.

How many times did their CO fail to show up without telling his squad what their plane/assignment was? This happened so often that it pretty much became the norm.

It became clear to all the other squads that The Unforgiven was no longer likely to be an asset, but more likely to be a burden. Orders needed to be constructed not by how The Unforgiven could help the most, but by how they can hinder us the least.

The Unforgiven used to inspire excellence, but in recent years they only characterized not giving a crap.

This is one of the reasons people stop showing up right here.

"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2021, 01:35:27 AM »

sounds like the CMs are dropping the ball allowing the UNF to participate.