Author Topic: ENY (again)  (Read 2843 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: ENY (again)
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2021, 02:14:15 PM »
I have 18,000 perks. Who really cares at this point. In a few years I'll have 25,000 perks. It makes no difference to me. I'm trying to look at ways to incentivize battles like you see in Combat Challenge. If the other side doesn't want to fight, what am I suppose to do? If I switch, I'm stuck for 6 hours and the fight could last 20 minutes and now I'm stuck on that for 5 hours twittling my thumbs.

you answer your own question.  nobody how many perks you get if they don't want to fight, nothing you can do.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2021, 02:51:04 PM »
In a game where we pay to play, why are there any restrictions on parts of the game, e.g. ftrs, bombers & GVs that we’re able to use.

The worst case is that the map gets reset with a war win. On some of these maps that’s actually best case for a lot of players...

The Bishop #’s yesterday were way out of balance, but did ENY stop Knights and Rooks from hording them...

Nope, so what purpose does it serve?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 02:54:08 PM by RotBaron »
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2021, 03:10:27 PM »
violator, we already get 3 time the perks with auto switch. you want a multiplier on top of that?

Wasn't it 5x the perks?
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2021, 03:22:14 PM »
Wasn't it 5x the perks?

10 times for a few days several months ago.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2021, 04:34:13 PM »
In a game where we pay to play, why are there any restrictions on parts of the game, e.g. ftrs, bombers & GVs that we’re able to use.

The worst case is that the map gets reset with a war win. On some of these maps that’s actually best case for a lot of players...

The Bishop #’s yesterday were way out of balance, but did ENY stop Knights and Rooks from hording them...

Nope, so what purpose does it serve?

If there aren't any limits before you know it everyone will be flying one plane type like back in the day when the Chog came out.

I think there should be MORE restrictions. HTC could use a number of them to "guide" game play toward more battle, and less running and picking and rolling bases. Remember back when 95% of the time you saw a base flash it was an NOE? Restrictions were added and now we have very few NOEs and so more fights.

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2021, 04:38:34 PM »
The imbalance yesterday on the Baltic map was, I can't find the words to describe it, game killing. Rooks and knits had the bish out numbered 2 to 1 each. It turned into a beat down, I logged off twice hoping the map would roll. But no, Knits had no rook bases and rooks had no knit bases, it was just a gangfest on the bish. No country needs to be doing that, PERIOD.

You want to call this a whine? Go ahead but, be sure to understand this does more damage to the game than any eny, "having to fly 5 minutes to find a fight", or "the map is too big".

Many fields on the Baltic map do not have GV spawns that connect so certain regions cannot have any gv battles.
When GV action is limited to two countries GV'er log off. I did when the rooks could only fight at one bishop air base with ords up.

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2021, 05:52:25 PM »
Many fields on the Baltic map do not have GV spawns that connect so certain regions cannot have any gv battles.
When GV action is limited to two countries GV'er log off. I did when the rooks could only fight at one bishop air base with ords up.

:salute
             Yes actually that map does hinder the western country some. I was on Knights and we were rolling Bish only to have our arses handed to us later by the bish. I would like to see some cross ocean GV spawns like some of the newer maps. I think that would fix some of that maps problems for some.
     I was chased around by quite a few Bish F4u's yesterday, I did not see lack of air power.  :headscratch:
  Maybe this is a I want to fly what I want to fly on whatever country no matter the imbalance rant. Poor ENY always gets blamed.  :ahand
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2021, 06:51:49 PM »
Same thing today at the moment and past few hours I’ve been on

Offline P38Ace

• persona non grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2021, 09:45:07 PM »
Just suck it up an fly.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2021, 07:12:13 AM »
ENY is only an issue when the players refuse to switch sides to even out the numbers for a fairer fight and better gameplay.
Selfish dogpiling dweebs deserve their 40ENY. :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2021, 03:07:05 PM »
Seems we should be encouraging people to want to play.

Does anyone log-off when the sides are imbalanced? They sure do when they can't get a decent plane.

Tonight I logged on to see a pretty good map, with a 3-way fight developing in the middle.

It fizzled due to ENY. Not a single F4U variant was available, so if I wish to remain Knight I need to up an F4F to fight Yaks, Doras and Ponies.

ENY had its place when the populations justified it, but nowadays it's just one more hindrance.

We don't need these archaic and arbitrary limiting mechanisms when gameplay is already challenged by the low population and maps that aren't designed for it.

Simon

It was gone for a month or two. Then someone whined on 200 and 5 people agreed and it was turned back on.

ENY is a non intelligent algorithm that does not accomplish it's purpose because it isn't smart enough to accomplish it's purpose.  Unless it's purpose it pissing off paying customers.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2021, 03:12:06 PM »
It was gone for a month or two. Then someone whined on 200 and 5 people agreed and it was turned back on.

ENY is a non intelligent algorithm that does not accomplish it's purpose because it isn't smart enough to accomplish it's purpose.  Unless it's purpose it pissing off paying customers.  :salute

I'd wager that it is the players that aren't smart enough.  :devil
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2021, 03:17:35 PM »
ENY is a non intelligent algorithm that does not accomplish it's purpose because it isn't smart enough to accomplish it's purpose.

:confused:
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2021, 03:29:08 PM »

When it was turned off during that period I didn’t notice much if any change.

Now that it’s back on, one thing I do see is things like not being able to select a Panther, but the late war T34 is there.  The T34 seems a lot more lethal in AH3 vs the Panther...

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2021, 04:08:17 PM »
When it was turned off during that period I didn’t notice much if any change.

Now that it’s back on, one thing I do see is things like not being able to select a Panther, but the late war T34 is there.  The T34 seems a lot more lethal in AH3 vs the Panther...

The montly stats pretty much prove it every month. But I'm not sure why planes don't have the same kinda perk system that tanks have.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion