Author Topic: IT'S BACK!!!!!!  (Read 4218 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Re: IT'S BACK!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2021, 01:42:43 PM »
Thanks!  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2021, 04:45:08 PM »
This is not correct. Aces high trim is exactly the same as moving your stick. But in real life this simply removes the pressure on the stick where you currently are holding it. If you are hands off in real life the stick moves when you adjust trim. This is accomplished by a tab on the back of the control surface which moves the opposite direction of which way you want the control surface to move.

This is how trim tabs work on almost all airplanes except a few that have a trimable horizontal stab or I have also seen simple spring adjustments on aileron trim on some planes. 

Now the issue that we can not do like real life is that I can not remove pressure from your stick position with out you moving the stick. So if you would apply up trim you need to move stick forward to maintain the same pitch attitude. Now en order to still maintain full stick deflection the the scale of elevator to stick movement is adjusted as trim is so that you will stick have full stick deflection no matter where the trim is.

The only time trim can change your turn rates is when you are not elevator stop limited, but stick force limited because of high speed. In this case moving trim will add or decrease turn performance.

HiTech

I knew I explained it poorly... Autotrim moves my Elevators which are connected to the stick, so autotrim moving my stick moves my elevators, there is no separate trim tab.. so what I said was right but poorly explained.

But anyway, in observation, the P51 at low speed in a TnB manually trimmed 100% nose up will out-turn a P51 with autotrim on, because the stick isn't being moved forward and limited by the autotrim. And I am sure a P51 driver that gets into turnfights that require slow speeds and full flaps will observe the same, and have been doing so for many long years. It was something I picked up in 2008 thanks to PEZ.

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2021, 07:51:23 AM »
To me it makes perfect sense.

It doesn't, simply because it's the opposite of how it has been done since the original charts were created.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2021, 08:20:58 AM »
But anyway, in observation, the P51 at low speed in a TnB manually trimmed 100% nose up will out-turn a P51 with autotrim on, because the stick isn't being moved forward and limited by the autotrim.

Auto trim does not limit elevator movement. You still get full deflection no matter where the trim is set.

HiTech

Offline Tex

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2021, 11:16:05 AM »
So stop thinking.  Come back.  You'll recognize some old friends, and meet new ones.

- oldman

Yo.

Tex

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2021, 12:11:36 PM »
Yo.

Tex

Good lord, it's Tex.  Dude!

- oldman

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2021, 12:12:38 PM »
Great site.  Thanks for getting it up and running.
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2021, 09:19:24 PM »
It doesn't, simply because it's the opposite of how it has been done since the original charts were created.

I agree.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2021, 08:05:47 AM »

I agree.

And I suppose if you guys moved to London you'd be the ones driving on the other side of the road cursing the other drivers for being wrong.  :D

It only looks wrong to you because you knew it the other way. To me the other way was always confusing. This way just makes more sense to me.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2021, 09:57:07 AM »
Auto trim does not limit elevator movement. You still get full deflection no matter where the trim is set.

HiTech

:headscratch:  So, it's been a placebo effect all this time!?  :uhoh
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2021, 10:05:58 AM »
It's nothing more than a gimmick and will not provide you with any significant advantage over some else.  You are better off practicing your flying and gunnery skills.

Been playing this game and others like AH since before you were born.  I don't need to resort to gimmicks.
What Ack Ack said,

You will be wasting your time with adjusting trims and what not.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2021, 10:09:27 AM »
And I suppose if you guys moved to London you'd be the ones driving on the other side of the road cursing the other drivers for being wrong.  :D

It only looks wrong to you because you knew it the other way. To me the other way was always confusing. This way just makes more sense to me.

Red herring, but no, because that is the law.

i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2021, 10:24:36 AM »
Red herring, but no, because that is the law.

The point is, its only wrong to you because its different. It still displays the same information.

To me it makes sense because as the graph starts to dip is where you lose "top speed" or best climb rates. It is obvious because its going down.

Offline Cluzig

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2021, 12:55:49 PM »
Very useful charts and thanks for putting it together again. Should be stickied or incorporated into AH.

Anyone know what the yak3 turn radius is? Im guessing 600ish. I didn't realise a ki84 out turned a Nik either without flaps, technically speaking of course.

Offline Cluzig

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2021, 04:03:27 PM »

Is there any chance of being able to add and update the newer aircraft not on the comparison charts?
I find it helpful