Author Topic: WEP Recharge Time vs. Speed  (Read 632 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
WEP Recharge Time vs. Speed
« on: May 19, 2021, 11:37:34 AM »
Hey all,

Will WEP recharge time recharge faster if my throttle is lower, i.e. if I fly slower?

While it might be common sense, I am not sure how the game has modeled this.

Thanks for confirming,

X15  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
Re: WEP Recharge Time vs. Speed
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 11:53:12 AM »
Hey all,

Will WEP recharge time recharge faster if my throttle is lower, i.e. if I fly slower?

While it might be common sense, I am not sure how the game has modeled this.

Thanks for confirming,

its strictly time based

the temperature gauge in the cockpit really doesn't mean anything, it gives you a rough indication when you're getting close to the time limit but that's it and it wont tell you how much WEP you have left. For instances if you use 9 minutes worth of your 10 minute WEP even if you let it cool down for the full recharge time you only have 1 minute worth of WEP left and the temperature gauge will still read cold when you run out.

Ive also noticed once you run out of WEP the temperature gauge in all airplanes goes full hot (150*C iirc) and stays there for the rest of the sortie.

It would be worth a wish on the wishlist for a WEP "quantity" gauge letting you know how many "gallons" (in the case of Water meth injection) of WEP you have left but i don't think it will be added. In my opinion on those specific aircraft where WEP is accomplished by just an increase in throttle opening and richer air fuel ratio there should be no limit to WEP other than just engine temperature, but it should never "run out" like it currently does in all planes.

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Re: WEP Recharge Time vs. Speed
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 01:08:07 PM »
Tryhard,

Nice coverage of the topic. Thanks very much!

-- Flying as X15 --