Author Topic: chat box glitch/bug  (Read 1237 times)

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
chat box glitch/bug
« on: May 19, 2021, 10:41:04 PM »
Im new to VR - Have a Steam Index, and today my chat box was somehow placed in the Upper Left where you have to crank your neck to look at like your high 8 o clock. It was a thin black bar too, so not easily noticeable.

Just saying in case anyone else cant find their chat box. I was playing AH yesterday with no issues, but today when I played AH VR (and no other game inbetween to mess with anything), chat box was up there. Not sure if on my end or something.
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: chat box glitch/bug
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 03:51:51 AM »
Im new to VR - Have a Steam Index, and today my chat box was somehow placed in the Upper Left where you have to crank your neck to look at like your high 8 o clock. It was a thin black bar too, so not easily noticeable.

Just saying in case anyone else cant find their chat box. I was playing AH yesterday with no issues, but today when I played AH VR (and no other game inbetween to mess with anything), chat box was up there. Not sure if on my end or something.
Of coarse, its your fault!  :devil :rofl  Every time it happens to me, its in Hanger and runs parallel to the Rafters...straight up.  Going to GUI tab, preferences...it makes that box mor visible. Then just an easy click and drag. I would say this happens to me, around once evry 3 months ish :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 08:27:58 AM »
Used to happen to me before I created a 2nd text box to split the kill message spam

Now neither text box minimize to the thin black line above your head

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 07:04:10 AM »
Having my chat window as a thin black bar that I can't seem to expand or move anymore. When I hit the ` key it goes to the other view mode that is normal. Any idea how to get it work normally again?

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 01:28:40 PM »
Used to happen to me before I created a 2nd text box to split the kill message spam

Now neither text box minimize to the thin black line above your head

Eagler

I have two separate chat windows outside of VR but when I go into the headset there is only one. Do you have to do it again for VR?
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2022, 02:44:39 PM »
Having my chat window as a thin black bar that I can't seem to expand or move anymore. When I hit the ` key it goes to the other view mode that is normal. Any idea how to get it work normally again?

Try this: Bring the clipboard up, then move your cursor and hover over what's left of the message box.  The cursor should change into a double arrow symbol and allow you to resize the message box larger (pull it up toward the top of the screen)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2022, 03:16:35 PM »
I have two separate chat windows outside of VR but when I go into the headset there is only one. Do you have to do it again for VR?

I believe so

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2022, 08:18:39 PM »
Try this: Bring the clipboard up, then move your cursor and hover over what's left of the message box.  The cursor should change into a double arrow symbol and allow you to resize the message box larger (pull it up toward the top of the screen)

Yep the problem is it doesn't turn into the double arrow.i tried hovering all over it it with no success

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2022, 03:04:43 AM »
Yep the problem is it doesn't turn into the double arrow.i tried hovering all over it it with no success
As far as "move" goes...That is in the GUI preferences Menu? If memory serves...last time I had that problem...I went mask off and expanded the window? I sure do remember trying to hold curser steady enough to get "Double Arrow".
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2022, 06:36:28 AM »
Are you sure the mouse cursor focus is in AH when you try to grab the text bar line overhead?

When I start an audio cd at takeoff I have to click from windows media player back to AH before putting the vr headset on or else nothing will click in AH

Eagler

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2022, 07:42:37 AM »

Can you try changing the resolution of the game in video settings?  That might force it to recognize the edge of the message box and change the cursor to a double arrow, allowing you to resize the box.   

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2022, 10:48:20 AM »
im sure in the settings folder there is one for this. Compare the  VR_ ones with the non-vr ones. Find to one that is way off, edit it in notepad and save it. Then restart the game and see if it is fixed.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2022, 01:51:51 AM »
im sure in the settings folder there is one for this. Compare the  VR_ ones with the non-vr ones. Find to one that is way off, edit it in notepad and save it. Then restart the game and see if it is fixed.
THIS ALSO!   

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2022, 09:06:43 AM »
Try hitting your command for the expanded chat box and see if you can move the ones you see now, then the normal ones will be up there once you move the expanded ones??
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2022, 03:30:58 PM »
Yes I can move or change the extended chat box. I'll try editing the settings files next