Author Topic: Any interest in Thrustmaster FLCS, F-22, TQS, or WCS HOTAS USB Conversions?  (Read 813 times)

Offline llama

• Silver Member
      • http://www.warrenernst.com/
Hi Folks,

So for the past few weeks, I've been converting my own extensive stash of Thrustmaster gameport flight hardware, such as the FLCS and F-22 Pro flight sticks, and the TQS and the WCS Mk II throttles, along with the surprisingly-nice-for-what-it-is Attack Throttle, to modern USB devices that Windows 10 likes perfectly fine. Each device is is read separately, so for games that requires all inputs on one device, one would use the free Joystick Gremlin and vJoy to combine everything into a single virtual device, which I've tested and works well too.

I've posted the detailed instructions for converting all of these available online already at Reddit and SimHQ that anyone with a soldering iron, crimping tools, and a willingness to learn a little bit of Arduino programming can follow to convert their stuff themselves. But I wonder if there's any interest here for pre-configured conversion kits that just require crimping? Or maybe even a hardware conversion service that's totally turn-key? I dunno.

Anyway, if there's any interest in any of these options, let me know by posting a reply, or just ask questions here and I'll answer. I've been in the Warbirds and Aces High community since 1996 and have been to 10 Cons, and ran the Pensacola and Dayton Cons, which I mention in case anyone "new" is wondering who the hell I am and why should anyone trust me.

Cheers!
Llama

Interesting server at 69.12.181.171

Offline jconradh

• Zinc Member
Hi Llama, I certainly am interested in the turnkey part. Normally I'm a huge nerd for building and programming, however I only just started flying again after years away, and I want to focus less on the hardware than flying. :) I was pretty busy online in AW2 &3 as Luke% and jconradh in Aces High. Let me know what your thinking. I have the warthog, cougar, a F-16 with TQS, and some much older TM gear.

Offline Kenne

• Nickel Member
are you selling converted sticks?
Women are like the Government. They have no problem that can't be solved by throwing money at it!
لقد حصلت على تذكرتين إلى الجنة