Author Topic: Why not just leave?  (Read 3369 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why not just leave?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2021, 11:48:27 AM »
saying goodbye to friends.

semp
The only reason I made a post.   :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Litjan

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2021, 01:38:59 AM »
...and maybe, besides saying good-by to friends, they also feel the obligation to give HT some feedback as to why they leave. You certainly can´t cater to everyone´s whim, but if the overwhelming majority of people quitting do so for some simple-to-fix reason...wouldn´t it be good to know?

Offline P38Ace

• persona non grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2021, 06:37:13 PM »
...and maybe, besides saying good-by to friends, they also feel the obligation to give HT some feedback as to why they leave. You certainly can´t cater to everyone´s whim, but if the overwhelming majority of people quitting do so for some simple-to-fix reason...wouldn´t it be good to know?

I think if you leave you forfeit your right to whine.

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2021, 07:01:39 PM »
I said goodbye for one simple reason. I’ve been in aced high since 2009, and was playing in the days when there were at least 600 in at one time. I flew with the 353rd slybirds. I started in AvA not too much later. In that time, I’ve met some great players from all over the world. They became friends and all became family. I did this out of the same respect they showed me over the years.

I didn’t rage quit, nor would I. I don’t speak badly about others or this game. I try to get people to stay and come in here. I have loved the time I’ve been here and it killed me to say goodbye.

I hope the op can understand this.
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2021, 08:41:50 AM »
I think if you leave you forfeit your right to whine.

In AH there is only 1 rule; Dont be a dick.

You're being a dick.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2021, 02:31:33 PM »
I would prefer a goodbye post rather than someone that may have been around a while just leave... Then I won't have to wonder whatever happened to so and so.. Just my preference
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2021, 02:53:17 PM »
I would prefer a goodbye post rather than someone that may have been around a while just leave... Then I won't have to wonder whatever happened to so and so.. Just my preference

Exactly  :aok

Bub and I have been wondering about Flk4, but no one so far seems to know.

:salute
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline P38Ace

• persona non grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2021, 06:02:21 PM »
In AH there is only 1 rule; Dont be a dick.

You're being a dick.

That rule was violated by guys like you all the time on this BBS a long time ago! But feel free to call a kettle black! :devil

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2021, 10:15:29 PM »
I'd imagine for attention mostly.

Then they should make their announcement on Facebook.  Wouldn't that be a more attention deficient platform?
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2021, 04:41:40 AM »
when you leave a friends house, do you just get up and leave? or do you say goodbye for the attention?

how about because its the polite thing to do, and you have a lot of friends that might want to know.

shipper has been around a long time. the respectful thing to do is to wish him well.

if you dont approve of people saying good by, you could just keep your mouth shut. as the old saying goes, if you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all. at least 'what most "adults" do.
I and you guys too...refuse to let Shipper go! HELL NO! Have an Address for him? I would Single Handedly blow his mind!!! :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline P38Ace

• persona non grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2021, 09:52:28 AM »
when you leave a friends house, do you just get up and leave? or do you say goodbye for the attention?

how about because its the polite thing to do, and you have a lot of friends that might want to know.

shipper has been around a long time. the respectful thing to do is to wish him well.

if you dont approve of people saying good by, you could just keep your mouth shut. as the old saying goes, if you have nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all. at least 'what most "adults" do.

Who peed in your cornflakes? Did I ever mention shipper?

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2021, 05:07:53 PM »
That rule was violated by guys like you all the time on this BBS a long time ago! But feel free to call a kettle black! :devil

I'm not doing the whole "color check send" P38'Ace', I'm just reminding you.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline P38Ace

• persona non grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2021, 02:36:24 AM »
I'm not doing the whole "color check send" P38'Ace', I'm just reminding you.
[/quot  the name callers are the first to act but hurt.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2021, 04:09:50 PM »

DING! DING! DING! WE HAVE A WINNER!

Exactly..... I've been gone for a bit. Have not canceled my account. Still supporting HT and crew. I just have not bought new controls since the freeze and the ceiling in my office caving in. I know I can stop in.... may be back.... may not. Good folks here..... once you see some other places you realize just how good they are here. LOL

Far better folks here. <S>
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2021, 08:10:02 PM »
Nice to know you are still around Shuffler!! Hope all is okay with you and yours!
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.