Author Topic: New Poster, old flier  (Read 9498 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: New Poster, old flier
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2021, 09:34:59 PM »
Someone please explain to me why is it that when Iog into the game and  decide to fly,  regardless of time/timezone, I am able to have fun? regardless of how many people are playing

I want one of you to please explain how is that

:cheers

TC

BTW.......nice one Shuf
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 09:46:16 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2021, 10:34:10 PM »
<SNIP> Nowadays, its almost stable for two years at slightly over 1000 scoring pilots.

I was wondering about that number.  Your posts also leave me with a strange desire to eat pie.

Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2021, 11:15:26 PM »
Someone please explain to me why is it that when Iog into the game and  decide to fly,  regardless of time/timezone, I am able to have fun? regardless of how many people are playing

TC

BTW.......nice one Shuf

you don't play at 12pm, nobody has fun at 12pm.

haven't been able to find a stick yet.  flying is let's say challenging, but it makes me laugh.  actually having more fun.  I have to fly at full throttle, if I don't, I lose all control of the plane.  interesting trying to land.  dog fight forget it.  trigger, rudder, and flaps are all controlled by my left thumb, I  need thumb and index for rudder.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2021, 03:29:10 AM »

Lazer can give you tips on using a mouse
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 03:34:11 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2021, 03:32:48 AM »
Got to get past that post count number....hehe

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2021, 04:13:15 AM »
Lazer is a beast. Mad respect to him.
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2021, 04:24:19 AM »

Lazer can give you tips on using a mouse

naw, having some hilarious times with my broken stick.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2021, 05:58:57 AM »
Maybe the smaller maps need deadlier ack to slow the base rolling on them

Set it to MNM levels and see how it changes

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2021, 06:33:57 AM »

TC

BTW.......nice one Shuf

This is easy; people are different, your fun isn't their fun and their fun isn't your fun.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: June 24, 2021, 07:44:07 AM »
Dolby you're a funny guy  :rofl

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2021, 10:57:26 AM »
Dolby you're a funny guy  :rofl

He may be a funny guy, but what he says still has merit.

Offline P38Ace

• persona non grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2021, 01:23:14 PM »
You guys realize Hitech is never going to improve the game. Even if he wanted to, he can't compete with Warthunder, DCS, and IL2. He's just parked the server in his closet and will collect $15/month from all of you until it's not worth it, and he'll pull the plug. I hope he leaves the bbs up so you all can frantically post to try and figure out what happened - that will be fun to see!

But all the energy you spend making suggestions, or hoping for improvements - it's all wasted. HiTech can't be bothered to reset scoring every month. When Eagler posted that the web site is outdated and confusing to new player, Hitech was offended at his attitude. All he got from that post was that Eagler did not ask nicely. And the site will stay as is, just like the AH steam page, which is as dead a doornail. Even Subby can't be bothered anymore to monitor this dying bbs!

The party as long since ended and you guys are the guests that can't take the hint. The worst part is, you'll all still paying $15 a month to talk to each other about the good old days!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: June 24, 2021, 01:48:41 PM »
Nope I pay $15 a month as it is the best $$$ to enjoyment ratio I can get these days..

Broken down to the hour its about 50 cent an hour if I get minimal time in

I have been paying since it was $29.95 back in the early days even while I didn't play for quite a bit

AH still beats dcs, il2 and wt for a2a ww2 action, flight model, spotting and overall enjoyment IMO

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline P38Ace

• persona non grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2021, 02:12:31 PM »
Nope I pay $15 a month as it is the best $$$ to enjoyment ratio I can get these days..

Eagler

You’re right - it’s your money to spend as you see fit.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2021, 02:22:01 PM »
You guys realize Hitech is never going to improve the game. Even if he wanted to, he can't compete with Warthunder, DCS, and IL2. He's just parked the server in his closet and will collect $15/month from all of you until it's not worth it, and he'll pull the plug. I hope he leaves the bbs up so you all can frantically post to try and figure out what happened - that will be fun to see!

But all the energy you spend making suggestions, or hoping for improvements - it's all wasted. HiTech can't be bothered to reset scoring every month. When Eagler posted that the web site is outdated and confusing to new player, Hitech was offended at his attitude. All he got from that post was that Eagler did not ask nicely. And the site will stay as is, just like the AH steam page, which is as dead a doornail. Even Subby can't be bothered anymore to monitor this dying bbs!

The party as long since ended and you guys are the guests that can't take the hint. The worst part is, you'll all still paying $15 a month to talk to each other about the good old days!

This venom prompted me to go back to the original post - by the same author:

People keep asking me who I am or think I am a newbie because I have  new BBS account. But I have flown AH for years - mainly knights. All that time never bothered to post or look at BBS. But now that numbers are dropping, I wanted to see what was going on. And I see a lot of whining about leaving, wanting Hitech to change the game, political correctness on CH200, blah blah blah. I say don't waist Hitech's time. It's the same game we've always played. Good enough then, good enough now. Worth the $15 a month of the fun. No need to change it now! So either fly or quit, and stop yer whining! That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it!

A remarkable contrast.

- oldman