Author Topic: Motion Sickness  (Read 1815 times)

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
Re: Motion Sickness
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2021, 09:45:26 PM »
What kind of gunsights do you all use? I've been upping in different planes lately and since I started the game like 3 years ago I mostly just use the default gunsights for most planes.

I find that the p38 gunsight and the yak3 give me doublevision problems, and the spitfire 14 gunsight is decent. I can usually aim the 109's default gunsight well enough too to be sort of dangerous so far :D

I was able to play for 3ish hours today before getting sick of the stupid small pizza map, with no motion sickness. Monday Night Madness is going to be crazy fun in VR
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2021, 10:23:48 PM »
Dr1 is a fun ride in VR.  :devil

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2021, 07:44:46 AM »
Don't use the gunsight

Have a center view command set to your stick

When fighting just keep punching that to stay centered while shooting through the sight.

Use tracers to help get the feel

You start to shoot where the plane will be to the point you make shots that surprises both you and your kill :)

Nothing better than a close a2a turn and burn fight in VR with a good pilot IMO

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2021, 08:52:22 AM »
VR makes flying under some trees much easier

Depends on the map but got two kills the other day who were on my 6 but could not handle the low altitude

Eagler

Yes, “worm burning” is much more effective in VR, not to mention the level of fun.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2021, 08:52:49 PM »
One thing I've noticed is that I get tunnel vision badly sometimes in vr. Stretch snuck up on me and blew me up after I was following a giy for a bit lol

Also thanks eagler that helps immensely!  :cheers:
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2021, 04:41:02 AM »
The brain will adapt to VR with continued exposure.  As soon as you begin to feel nauseous, stop until you feel better.  Offline practice and the main arena tend to be fairly easy on the stomach.  You know you are over the motion sickness when you can fly Monday Night Madness repeatedly in high turning aircraft.  I also found taking a sip or two of club soda while flying helped.
:rofl That is how you do it? IN MNM?  :bhead Miss you fellers, in MNM! I didnt show up...because ULblizz is having SERIOUS Internet problems! Knowing me...I would have rubbed it in her face! AKA...MY bait isnt there :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2021, 08:07:33 AM »
:rofl That is how you do it? IN MNM?  :bhead Miss you fellers, in MNM! I didnt show up...because ULblizz is having SERIOUS Internet problems! Knowing me...I would have rubbed it in her face! AKA...MY bait isnt there :rofl

Now you know my secret.  The club soda bubbles provide sixth sense gunnery solutions!  :airplane:

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills