Author Topic: June 2021 KOTH A Results  (Read 886 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
June 2021 KOTH A Results
« on: June 13, 2021, 05:46:52 PM »
June's KOTH was a good event in my biased opinion. It ran about ninety minutes and we managed to get eight rounds in. We had our best attendance of the year with thirteen at the start and had three wabbits. Last round and last two did come down to a wabbit fight. FX1 came in late and extended the event twice and did become a wabbit the round before last but didn't get that third win. He came in at round 5 and last two were him and wabbit trogdor and FX1 won. Just after Eagler became a wabbit in round 6, last two of round 7 were wabbit Eagler and FX1 and he won that one also. If my memory's correct last three of final round were trogdor, Eagler and FX1 but he didn't get to last two. trogdor did manage to get that final kill and won the event so Congratulations and -{S}- to trogdor for the victory. The Spitfire Mk. XIV was chosen for July's event.

Round by round results:
1} Stretch in a F4U-1
2} trogdor in a Bf110G-2
3} Eagler in a Fw190A-5
4} trogdor in a Bf109F-4   {Wabbit}
5} FX1 in a P-51B
6} Eagler in a La-5FN   {Wabbit}
7} FX1 in a Spitfire Mk. V   {Wabbit}
8} trogdor wins in a Fw190A-5

trogdor, Eagler, and FX1 earn reservations to the TOC.
Top Killers are incomplete as I didn't start logs until third round so I have some films to watch and as a result they will not be accurate; but any KOTH regular knows they aren't usually. We're in hand grenade range though.
We also have a attendance slot that I'll have to update. If you missed January you can still get this one as one absence wont eliminate your. Not sure about the additional reservation this month. FX1 would get kills invite but he got one from wabbit status. Opinions?
Logs can be found at http://ahevents.net/index.php/event-logs
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: June 2021 KOTH A Results
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 10:03:51 AM »
Congrats trogdor!

Great turn out and good fights!

Thanks fuzeman for hosting!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 09:25:38 AM »
Congrats Trogdor!

hate that I couldn't stay....sounds  like I missed some good fights

thanks for hosting fuzeman! much appreciated!

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 10:23:26 PM »
I finally managed to look at the film for round 1 to see if I could add up some kills. I've come to the conclusion that's pretty near impossible. In my film I was watching one group of people fight and maybe got 3 kills accounted for and by then it was already 'last four' so there is no way I can make any guesstimate that's close or fair. The only people who get kills would be the ones who I was watching or in range of that fight if I could jump to them in the film.
It was tough also watching a newer person to KOTH be above 6k and not bail with me jabbering on about it on VOX 101 and them making last three. That might be one reason I ground folks quickly and probably without notice to prevent them from 'contaminating' a round, and that's probably too harsh a word. They had to use up others ammo or damage a person who shouldn't have been if they followed those pesky rules these special events have.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2021, 10:43:50 PM »
I wouldn't lose any sleep regarding the new KOTH participant

If they attend another KOTH event, just explain to them via PM what they did wrong and if it happens again ground the player

As for opinion on FX1 most kills invite / wabbit.....either way washes the other in my view

When is July KOTH?

Thanks for the  time, fuzeman

<S>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2021, 09:43:31 PM »
Watching film always gives me a person to watch in CM Eye usually.
As explained Kill numbers for first three rounds are not counted but I did give a single K to each round winner.
Going with trogdor-11, Eagler-10. FX1-8, Peanut1-3

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2021, 06:22:33 PM »
Thinking about tossing Peanut in the ring for kills that month.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2021, 06:19:16 AM »
I think the more invitations you're able to send out for the end of year KOTH tournament the better as many don't make it for one reason or another

Not to mention we didn't have one the one month and a couple of us have won it more than once this year already

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2021, 09:44:02 AM »
I've already had planned not to try to win another KOTH event this year...

It has been nearly 30 years since I tried playing these type games while toking on some wacky weed...(except this time Doctor prescribed)..and  regardless of who beat who, that July KOTH was the best one so far this year for me...

If peanut meets the criteria that you laid out for us earlier this year,  then by all means grant him the invite

TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2021, 05:36:34 PM »
I think the more invitations you're able to send out for the end of year KOTH tournament the better as many don't make it for one reason or another

Not to mention we didn't have one the one month and a couple of us have won it more than once this year already

Eagler

We could make it a non-reservation event if we really wanted numbers at the TOC but I think we both know that's a bit too far.
I don't want to lower the bar too much which I've always said. Then again it's YOUR event.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2021, 06:26:09 PM »
The winner and the next 3 top killers get an invite sounds good to me

That could be expanded due to duplicates but that's more work

Eagler

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2021, 10:55:46 PM »
The winner and the next 3 top killers get an invite sounds good to me

That could be expanded due to duplicates but that's more work

Eagler

Sounds good 👍

as for duplicates, I think the easiest way to go about this is to use the logs and take the top 3 in kills as the logs list them (not counting the KOTH event winner), even if all 3 have the same amount of kills...just use the logs as it list the top kills....that would make it simpler for fuzeman and fair to all participants in my view 😉

TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2021, 06:06:07 PM »
I can see an instance where a single kill can get a person an invitation.
I think that’s a bit generous, do you?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2021, 08:00:05 AM »
More the merrier for me but I am not hosting it and don't want to add more work to the event for you fuzeman.

I am good with whatever you decide.

<S>

Eagler