Author Topic: the plan  (Read 2196 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: the plan
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2021, 09:06:03 PM »
wow over 300 views and only a hand full of opinions.

Could that mean most of the 300 like the idea as is?

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2021, 10:51:49 AM »
wow over 300 views and only a hand full of opinions.

Well you did say this....

if you hate this says so, but i prefer ideas to make it work, or make it better.

....so maybe people are just trying to keep it nice for you.  :D

Personally, I think its a nice idea and may get a number of players interested. Word of mouth will be needed to get it rolling as very few players actually visit the BBS. Mostly likely another reason why so few comments vs "views". I know I've been to this thread a half dozen times to read the other comments.

The bad side of this idea is anything that takes away from numbers in the MA is bad for the game. We are already at a critical number in the MA. If you take away 20 players during a high time of 100 in the MA that leaves 80 to work over sized maps split between 3 sides, making a bad situation worst.

Sorry, you did ask for more comments.

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2021, 11:17:54 AM »
Ive been thinking about this and need some opinions. if you hate this says so, but i prefer ideas to make it work, or make it better.

a mini war. small map, maybe real small.

2 sides, 2 groups on each side.

each side puts up a air group and a ground group.
limited planeset and or bomber planeset.

Ground group is GV's only obviously.

Objective is to capture the other sides base. Lives unlimited but a 1-1.5 hour time limit.

would need minimum of 20 players to try it. what do you all think?

thanks---<S>

I'd need to see a more fleshed out design to properly form an opinion.

I'd really only be interested if it were Axis vs Allies and at very least semi-historical.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2021, 06:13:51 AM »

I'd really only be interested if it were Axis vs Allies and at very least semi-historical.

Stop in The AvA sometime. Historical setup is what we are all about. Its a miniature Special Events Arena only you can fly in there anytime you want to.

Right now is Pearl Harbor which is a smaller map with big FUN.
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline trap78

• AvA Staff Member
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2021, 11:03:25 AM »
Would it be an Axis / Allied split or same aircraft and GV's for both sides?  Either way I'd give it a try. BBS "opinions" are useful to a point, but I'd say run it and then make tweaks as needed.

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2021, 08:24:15 PM »
based on everyones opinions, im going to write it up and when i get to where i need to be, ill release it and we'll test drive it. thanks for everyone's input!

Offline ghostdancer

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2021, 09:14:37 PM »
Used to have GV ground objectives in FSOs in the way past. I thought it was some of the most fun stuff. Capture the flag was a lot of fun and also got people doing something different ... GV and close air support work. So big thumbs up.
X.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
CM Terrain Team

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2021, 04:25:50 AM »
Something like that, just might be fun!?    However....I have always preferred "Both Sides have same plane set" in MNM.  Now it could be..."Dodge Sky Scrapers! Dodge trees, in Fog...Steal their bases/Sheep.....Nah ah ah ahh ahh...  ect". Just my.02

I am in, as will give it a go! Might surprise myself ?!!!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2021, 05:49:45 AM »
I am in charge so that’s the end of the discussion :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2021, 08:05:38 AM »
I am in charge so that’s the end of the discussion :old:

Yes Bozz!
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2021, 03:05:15 AM »
Ive been thinking about this and need some opinions. if you hate this says so, but i prefer ideas to make it work, or make it better.

a mini war. small map, maybe real small.

2 sides, 2 groups on each side.

each side puts up a air group and a ground group.
limited planeset and or bomber planeset.

Ground group is GV's only obviously.

Objective is to capture the other sides base. Lives unlimited but a 1-1.5 hour time limit.

would need minimum of 20 players to try it. what do you all think?

thanks---<S>
Maybe with something" A kin" to, Starwars Battlefronts'....occupy a "Capture point" for X number of seconds, to conquer that area? Believe that might be same effect as "Flak at 20" in MNM? Might force aggressive defense response? IMHO...this would be a BLAST! Even IF it didnt draw New Players...as in maybe "First of the month, Special set up? I am Game! :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2021, 03:10:39 AM »
I like it.

To the map makers:

Are there any carrier battle maps? Something with maybe far flung island with mostly cvs to find and to sink?
As in FU, World of Warships?    It is CODED! I dabbled a bit, in that game....was quite fun!  Reminds me about "Dale...any chance to get Submarines in game" wish list requests!!!! HMMM....might be awesome fun, when combined with the CV/BB's we already have "CODED"? Eh...I am game regardless
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 03:17:03 AM by 1stpar3 »

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2021, 10:37:15 AM »
Sound concept.  It is something I've thought about in design for FSO. 

Perhaps the platform you're offering is more solid ground for such an event.

What I would be curious about is orders.  Would the format be somewhat like FSO?  If so, would we require "registered squads" or could we set it up with "House Squads" in which you need volunteer COs to ensure the walk on players go to the squad / element they want (ie. ground / air / bombers).

I think this is a great idea.  I seem to remember several years ago in AH2, y'all had a few very interesting maps (Okinawa, and some European map with a large town and several bridges) that were perfect for this type of event.

Obviously it would have to grow.

I am stretched very thin right now this summer but if I am home when you want to try this out, I will for sure be another warm body to shoot out of the skies.

:joystick:
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2021, 03:19:37 PM »
basically 2 close bases and the object is to capture the other base by any means necessary, but with limited tanks and aircraft. sides would be equal, and yeah a house squad with walkons, might not be a bad idea!. as for order like FSO, capture the base..... period.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2021, 10:21:13 AM »
Alright, I'm gonna give you my 2 cents:

I feel like the event should only be about an hour long. I see this as more of a skrimish match. Anything longer and you risk teams being very uneven with players logging. There should be a sense of urgency. Many players probably wont enjoy switching teams because it is strategy based. I think evening at 10PM would work well.

The bases should be somewhat close together, maybe 12 miles at 0 alt. If planes have too long to gain alt, there could be a lot of hoarding if one team has dominant fighter cover. Long flights lead to people getting bored. Especially on the way home.

All planes should be the same for both sides. If not, this would cause an imbalance in the fight, and one team could dominate. Mid war planes, tanks would be the most fun, IMO.

Would there be other scoring other than taking the base? Would it be squad based? Either is fine, IMO. It's almost a given anyway. With score, I think it would add a certain level of deeper strategy rather than just go full leeroy jenkins every sortie for a quick reroll just to get field down.

How are objects damaged? Would you be able to take down ord, vh and fh? gotta think about that. Could make people angry when they cant roll.

Also, the other side has to realize that one team is going to have to cap and vulch if they want to take the base with only one field to roll from. This has to be mentioned because people might get mad about it and not understand.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes one side to have complete air and tank superiority to take the field, but it depends on how hard it is to take down the ord, vh, fhs, ect.

Just my thoughts for now. May have more later.

:salute

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion