Author Topic: Target for Today - 2nd Battle of El Alamein  (Read 188 times)

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Target for Today - 2nd Battle of El Alamein
« on: June 14, 2021, 10:09:27 PM »

The hot desert sands of the Sahara burn your skin as you look across the desolate plains of North Africa. You head over to the CP for briefing.

Your group leader pulls out a chart and points to a spot in the middle of nowhere and says, "Okay Chaps here is the "TARGET FOR TODAY"!

Welcome one and all to this edition of "Target for Today!

We hope that you will join us by registering for the Axis or the Allies side in this fun 8-hour aerial combat adventure.

The adventure starts on July 31, 2021, at 12 noon and lasts until 9 pm est.

Grab your squaddies and friends and get your squadron ready to do battle in the skies over the desert sands of El Alamein.

Register here!

Event Write -Up here!

As you register for your side, the Side CM will be adding new team members to the correct forums.

If you do not see the forum for your side. Please ask for access in the appropriate space.

Have fun and enjoy the event!

:salute
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario & FSO Team
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Re: Target for Today - 2nd Battle of El Alamein
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2021, 09:13:39 AM »
I tried to register and Firefox stopped me with a warning that there is a security issue with the AH events site.  I tried to log in again through the the way I usually do and got the same message.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2021, 10:15:28 AM »
You can go to Advanced and accept sign and continue for the time being.
i7-5930k | EVGA FTW K | 32GB HyperX DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H100i | 900D

FlyKommando.com

Offline RichardDarkwood

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2021, 10:25:58 AM »
I tried to register and Firefox stopped me with a warning that there is a security issue with the AH events site.  I tried to log in again through the the way I usually do and got the same message.

I used the link under Brooke's name and it took me to the events page without that message. I had to reset my password though
" I watched my wife work all day gettin thirty bags together for you ungrateful sons a b*tches and all I hear is criticize criticize criticize "---Willard

"You know fighting in a basement offers a lot of difficulties, number one being, your fighting in a basement'--Lt. Aldo raines

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 04:02:31 PM »
All,

Revision 7 of the Write-up has been published and ready for your review. The document now contains the;

• Target Packages Per Phase

This is posted for both sides in preparation for the battle on July 31st. Please step up your efforts to recruit and fill the registered seats for the purposes of planning and obtaining the victory for your side after the battle.

We look forward to seeing you on game day.

We will need all Squad GLs to be in the tower early to build out your squad and get everyone in uniform before take off.

We appreciate everyone's support of Aces High Special Event, especially this one.

I am not 100% sure, but I will take a swing, that "NONE" of us will fly World War II aircraft in combat ever. That is a time long since gone. This is the best opportunity that we have to relive our passion. So,  get out there and recruit for this event and let's get the furball tumbling and the dogfights going!

Please take a moment to read the write-up and register for this event.

Event Registration

Event Write-Up

Best Regards,

« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 04:25:35 PM by swareiam »
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline hazmatt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2021, 12:27:54 AM »
Looks like a fun setup.

The scoring appears to lean toward ground targets and axis don't have much of a bomber force and can't strafe so my bet is allied win!

Hope to see y'all there if I can make it.

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2021, 10:12:16 AM »
All,

Here are some additional planning materials for the two side COs and teams for your battle planning.

Battle Strat Map

Theater Strat Map