Author Topic: Battlefield 2042  (Read 1462 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Battlefield 2042
« on: June 16, 2021, 12:50:04 PM »
In other gaming news...

I thought this was interesting.

BF2042 will support 128 player servers.  That's pretty impressive for that type of multiplayer game.  There is a much higher state update load for a FPS compared to a flightsim.  128 FPS players in a dense map is impressive.

They are also adding AI bots to the multiplayer servers so that there are always max targets.  As real players login, they replace the bots on each side.  So you are never wandering around looking for something to shoot at.  But where there are enough players, they'll all be human.  That's important for some server regions that have a hard time filling enough players to start a game.

Oh, and wing-suits look like fun. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc-VT5hOciI

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
Re: Battlefield 2042
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 07:47:08 AM »
Please be better than BFV. Please be better than BFV. Please be better than BFV.
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 07:50:40 AM »
In other gaming news...

I thought this was interesting.

BF2042 will support 128 player servers.  That's pretty impressive for that type of multiplayer game.  There is a much higher state update load for a FPS compared to a flightsim.  128 FPS players in a dense map is impressive.

They are also adding AI bots to the multiplayer servers so that there are always max targets.  As real players login, they replace the bots on each side.  So you are never wandering around looking for something to shoot at.  But where there are enough players, they'll all be human.  That's important for some server regions that have a hard time filling enough players to start a game.

Oh, and wing-suits look like fun. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc-VT5hOciI

It was really a shame way back when, when COD started porting their games from console to PC. We went from 50 or 64 player servers down to 12.

My favorite BF was BF BC2 I think. BF2 being a close second.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 08:30:16 AM »
Please be better than BFV. Please be better than BFV. Please be better than BFV.

That's setting a low bar.   ;)

Different Dice studio doing this one.
I think they are back to the Dice LA team which made BF4; the greatest multiplayer FPS ever made IMHO.

:salute
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 08:38:20 AM »
The AI fill in for missing human players is something AH should look into IMO

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2021, 10:49:49 AM »
The AI fill in for missing human players is something AH should look into IMO

Eagler

Meh, fighting AI is ghey. Match play is good for that.

In terms of Battlefield. Prolly won't make to much of a difference. With 128 players. It's gonna be a lot of camping and getting snipes from every angle. Gonna be pretty tough.

I actually really liked BFBC2 as well. Was wondering if there was still a player base for that to fill up arenas.

I just got the package of BF4, BF5, and BF1. BF5 is my favorite one so far. Only thing I hate about these games is you shoot 2-3 burst of rounds in em, they don't die. You hit them first and they don't die, but then pull and shoot you and you die. It's something that just frustrates the crap outa me.

I wonder what 2042 is gonna be. To me, it looks a lot like BF4. I thought BF4 was cool, just got tired of the maps. I would expect 2042 to have much cooler new style rifles and guns. Along with new vehicles that are advanced. To me, i didn't really see that in the trailer. I'm curious how "futuristic" it's gonna be.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2021, 11:03:20 AM »
Seeing how meh they handled WW1 and WW2 recently, I'm not at all interested in their version of a future war.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2021, 11:30:55 AM »
Seeing how meh they handled WW1 and WW2 recently, I'm not at all interested in their version of a future war.

I thought BF1 was ok.  A little on the lighter side but still fun.

BF5 was the first BF I just didn't like.  I won't pre-order the next one.  ;)

But 2042 is the same LA studio that did BF4, not the Euro team that did BF5.  So I'm hoping for some improvement.

I still play BF4 regularly.  Paid $50 back in 2014 and have played it ever since.  Thousands of hours.  Servers are still full.  I love just playing Golmud 24/7 server. :rofl

I usually don't like futuristic stuff, but this is "near future" so not lazer guns.  Hopefully they'll do the month open beta before release.  I'll reserve final judgment until I've tried it.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2021, 11:36:11 AM »
I just got the package of BF4, BF5, and BF1. BF5 is my favorite one so far. Only thing I hate about these games is you shoot 2-3 burst of rounds in em, they don't die. You hit them first and they don't die, but then pull and shoot you and you die. It's something that just frustrates the crap outa me.

You going for the head shot?  Can't just spray and pray into the body.  Also depending on the map and class, I prefer ACWR for the high rate of fire.  You really need to manage recoil though to keep your pattern tight.

If your new, go to the test range on BF4 and practice with different guns at the firing range and practice pulling down to overcome recoil.

If you want to play BF4 sometime, we can link up.  I have a teamspeak server.

(or BF1, but I prefer BF4.  BF5 isn't my thing.  ;))
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 11:40:49 AM by CptTrips »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2021, 11:54:30 AM »

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2021, 08:35:52 PM »
You going for the head shot?  Can't just spray and pray into the body.  Also depending on the map and class, I prefer ACWR for the high rate of fire.  You really need to manage recoil though to keep your pattern tight.

If your new, go to the test range on BF4 and practice with different guns at the firing range and practice pulling down to overcome recoil.

If you want to play BF4 sometime, we can link up.  I have a teamspeak server.

(or BF1, but I prefer BF4.  BF5 isn't my thing.  ;))

Well the other day on 5 I heard 2 tin can sounds on 1 guy, which I thought meant headshot. After hitting first like that, he pulls up in shoots and gets me with having 1% left... I get the same crap in Halo, there is something about players who are good that makes them last longer when getting damaged. That being said, I'm a super noob and don't have all the bells and whistles yet. I might hop on 4 for a bit this weekend.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2021, 03:50:32 AM »
Ever since Dice was bought out by EA they've produced ever more disappointing products.. Bad Company was so great.
Who in their right mind plays online multiplayer games to waste their time and ammo on AI?
Think I'll stick to ARMA until Dice get closed down and (re)start up, new name in hand, free of EA's corporate shackles.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2021, 05:30:38 AM »
Meh, fighting AI is ghey. Match play is good for that.

In terms of Battlefield. Prolly won't make to much of a difference. With 128 players. It's gonna be a lot of camping and getting snipes from every angle. Gonna be pretty tough.

I actually really liked BFBC2 as well. Was wondering if there was still a player base for that to fill up arenas.

I wonder what 2042 is gonna be. To me, it looks a lot like BF4. I thought BF4 was cool, just got tired of the maps. I would expect 2042 to have much cooler new style rifles and guns. Along with new vehicles that are advanced. To me, i didn't really see that in the trailer. I'm curious how "futuristic" it's gonna be.

Have you played either titanfall?

Also what is with your pointless conjecture about the future? All FPS games have sniping noobs in them, a tale as old as time.

I'd tell you to read Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. But you won't.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 05:32:09 AM by svaalbar »
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2021, 03:09:44 PM »
Have you played either titanfall?

Also what is with your pointless conjecture about the future? All FPS games have sniping noobs in them, a tale as old as time.

I'd tell you to read Meditations by Marcus Aurelius. But you won't.

Pointless conjecture about the future? Not sure what you are implying here.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2021, 04:12:03 PM »
Pointless conjecture about the future? Not sure what you are implying here.

Play titanfall 2 bro. It has fun ai. Probably no one plays it but you can get a similar idea

Edit: I'm a really lazy typer on the phone. Anyways what I want to say is that people camp in FPS games since the 90s, there are sniper try hards since the 90s, there are run and gunners, etc

In BF I like being a medic and recon. But an aggressive recon that gets an insane score. like this Dasz guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pmyDhT8Jrk

Anyways if you got some free time - do check out Titanfall 2 - as it has AI "grunts" you use to earn points for your titan. You also fight other players too.

Its a really fun game mechanic. Titanfall 2 was a blast, and the story campaign is really good too.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 04:46:16 PM by svaalbar »