Author Topic: Banners  (Read 1103 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
Banners
« on: June 18, 2021, 10:52:35 AM »
Where can I find instructions on how to user banners?
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Banners
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 11:38:01 AM »
This has my curiosity piqued, what in this game is a "banner"?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 12:10:20 PM »
The only thing I can think of would be the banners they put in a signature after a post.

For those it click on the "Profile" button above next to the "Messages" button. Once there click on "Forum Profile". Skuzzy set it up years ago to keep the page load times quick by limiting the picture size to 80x80. I think you can still host a picture/banner someplace else and use the code to call it to your page, but haven't tried in years.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 01:42:50 PM »
Sorry.  I used the wrong word.  "Pennant", not "Banner".

What is a pennant and how is it used in game?

A few years ago someone mentioned that pennants could be used like a capture the flag game, sort of like the "Steal the sheep" game.  I was thinking about that and I got curious. 

So, so we have an instruction page that explains pennants?
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2021, 03:03:04 AM »
Sorry.  I used the wrong word.  "Pennant", not "Banner".

What is a pennant and how is it used in game?

A few years ago someone mentioned that pennants could be used like a capture the flag game, sort of like the "Steal the sheep" game.  I was thinking about that and I got curious. 

So, so we have an instruction page that explains pennants?
As I recall, this was a "Special Arena" thing? Right around AH3 going live? Well, the "Steal the sheep" game anyway :uhoh Pretty sure you know that..giving your comment on sheep?  Other than maybe they didnt explain what they meant, I dont know any other "Pennant" references :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2021, 09:43:53 PM »
As I recall, this was a "Special Arena" thing? Right around AH3 going live? Well, the "Steal the sheep" game anyway :uhoh Pretty sure you know that..giving your comment on sheep?  Other than maybe they didnt explain what they meant, I dont know any other "Pennant" references :uhoh

That's what I am trying to find out.  If this is just for special arenas or if we can use pennants in custom arenas as well. 
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2021, 02:43:44 AM »
That's what I am trying to find out.  If this is just for special arenas or if we can use pennants in custom arenas as well.
OH! "In custom arenas"!!!! In a Custom, is shouldnt be a problem. Its already "coded"? So surely it is a setting somewhere! I know..."Thats what I am trying to find out". I got nothing, as per your question...other than, look in  Flight Mode Flags...under Arena Setup? Yes,pretty sure you know that.."Par, I been playing a long time"   I got nadda. Well an arena existed...maybe just a one off and for that arena, alone.
  My first Squad use to play in that arena. We did it like King Of The Hill! Every man to himself! Wish I had films :frown:   Once, while in that arena, We totally lost track of the time!!!!   Taxman(squad XO) says, " Yes we are gonna be late for FSO...but I want that Mutton!(Delta, our CO had the Sheep/banner)" Collective WTF, NOOOO!!!   BWDelta/Trooper(Trooper might be remembered for OGs  VTrooper if memory serves) up and bales out, to go to FSO as did the rest of us, although Taxman was last! Pretty sure he was RAILING for minutes...and noone was there! "I had to take a dump!" YA YA :aok  For the next hour or so....taxman was constantly bringing this up! "OH! I had you! You called a Hard Deck? Really? You aint Jester!"  Just to hear NoFear say, "Tax, what happened?"...all bewildered Taxman says, "What do you mean? You were there bud. I wanted that Hide!".... OMG! Then NoFear says, "Oh, Yeah, I got that. You had a drop tank on your "Hog".  Hey guys, does any one else think it looked like Taxman was flying with one "Nut" out?     Then SILENCE...screw the IRS 🤣🤣 Dang I miss those fellers!

Thanks for the memory Buddy!
BW1stpar/ULcapkid
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 02:48:48 AM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2021, 06:13:27 PM »
Thanks for chiming in, and thanks for the fun story.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com