Author Topic: Golf Ball VR Tracking versus Mouse Arrow  (Read 607 times)

Offline iaqmya

• Copper Member
Golf Ball VR Tracking versus Mouse Arrow
« on: June 18, 2021, 03:45:07 PM »
I've been working on getting Aces High up and running again.  Been elsewhere since 2017.
Problem I have is now that I have VR, HP G2, I get this golf ball that moves around like head tracking.  My mouse clicks will select what the golf ball is on.  I do not like this at all.  Too much twisting of my neck, etc, etc :)

I removed my blue tooth mouse and put in my USB mouse but it did not change anything.

Is there no way to use the Mouse instead of the golf ball tracking my view? 

I tried alt tab and click on Aces High, no change.
I tried Win Key and Alt Tab, no change.
I tried the hand controller to windows and click on Aces High, no change.

The golf ball does not help while in a tank like the mouse used to do while targeting a target.

Been flying for a few years.  First flight sim was F16 Strike Eagle purchased at Luke AFB in 1986 on an 8088 CPU at 4.4 or 4.8 mg hz if I recall, with a green monochrome monitor :) :aok  Progressed from that to other CD flight sims, War Birds, Aces High and then War Thunder.  Moving back into Aces High for more diversity of game play in one arena and larger population playing in that arena.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

In Game Name was and is "icke1" as part of the 475th FG prior to move to  WT.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Golf Ball VR Tracking versus Mouse Arrow
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 04:02:36 PM »
When I minimize the map my mouse golf ball disappears

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline iaqmya

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2021, 08:35:51 PM »
Mine does not.  It stays.  Regardless of vehicle/aircraft, clipboard open or closed.

Offline Rocco

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2021, 11:31:44 PM »
Mine does not.  It stays.  Regardless of vehicle/aircraft, clipboard open or closed.

That's odd. I have the G2 and used to have the rift, the golf ball has always been tied to the clipboard for me. I'll poke around, maybe there's a setting for it. I don't think you can turn it right off and use the mouse like dcs, but it should at least go away when the clipboard is hidden.
Ingame : AKRocco

Arabian Knights

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 10:33:55 AM »
That's odd. I have the G2 and used to have the rift, the golf ball has always been tied to the clipboard for me. I'll poke around, maybe there's a setting for it. I don't think you can turn it right off and use the mouse like dcs, but it should at least go away when the clipboard is hidden.

And by "hidden" he means closed out, not just tucked away out of site.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2021, 10:59:41 AM »
I have had a night where the golfball stayed with me after I closed the clipboard.  Not sure what caused it, but I relogged and it was gone.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline iaqmya

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2021, 10:19:49 PM »
Logged in again and after clipboard closed, the golf ball was gone :)  Appreciate the information/help.  Will take getting used to, having the golf ball on when the map is open.  I usually fly and drive with it open.  Fortunately, I have many Voice Commands setup, just have to remember them all  :cheesy:

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2021, 11:03:38 PM »
I felt the same way at first, I didn't find it took that long before the golf ball just became part of the game.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11