Author Topic: ta 152 and spit 14 spin  (Read 5706 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: ta 152 and spit 14 spin
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2021, 04:22:55 PM »
Wait suckoff is the best TA152 stick? I mean sukov sorry my mistake lol..just kidding sukov. Sawzaw is good with that thing also...Hate to give him props but he is somewhat skilled lol...except for that tantrum part  :rofl...M00t or Moot was also great with that beast.

I do enjoy it when you throw your ego around :banana:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2021, 06:25:40 PM »
By sending a months dues to HTC. As to that, I am taking the family to New Zealand where we intend to resettle. I may not be back in the game, but I do intend to continue making updates to the sound pack. At some time I will explain how it's all done.

You know we have OK internet here in NZ. It is still possible to play hahahaha

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2021, 06:24:30 AM »
You know we have OK internet here in NZ. It is still possible to play hahahaha

I'm retired from sitting at a desk.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2021, 12:09:09 AM »
I'm retired from sitting at a desk.

Heh.....well I  was forced by my doctors into disabled and couldn't continue to work so I  guess  I  am  semi-retired from sitting at a desk since 2009....these past 5 years have been the worst because it only takes almost 30 minutes sitting playing AH when it begins to become unbearable and the pain in my neck, spine,  right  rotator cuff  and right leg starts getting to me....

I  don't really like playing all liquored up, or having to take extra pain medication just to play,  so I have to manage what how and when I can play these days

Then when  I am playing and the cervical spinal stenosis becomes a real witch, because my brain is telling my hands arms feet to do this or do that yet the delay can be anywhere from 2 to 10 seconds before the nerve signal reaches its destination...too funny...can only  sit back and laugh at it these days....not worth getting upset over it

Best of luck on your move and wish for y'all a safe transition

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2021, 11:35:43 PM »
More of a Fly fisherman, Red Stag hunter, and golfer than anything else, now. My wife is happy to golf with me now that my game is suffering.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2021, 12:39:28 AM »
Curious as to what each aircraft’s flight manual states about fuel balance with regard to out of control flight events.

Late to the party.

From the Spit XIV pilot's notes.  The XIV had the same fuel set up as the Mk VIII with the small leading edge fuel tanks to go with the upper and lower tanks right behind the engine.  Because of the increased fuel burn of the Griffon Spits they always flew with at least a 30 gallon slipper tank to make up the range difference.  This started with the Spit XII.

The attached image is from the Spit XIV pilot's notes.  Fairly self explanatory.  Spinning prohibited with a DT on, otherwise the same recovery as the other Spits

Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2021, 09:27:05 PM »
The attached image is from the Spit XIV pilot's notes.

In my limited experience, everything about the Spit14 is "erratic."  Spit 14 and Spit 1 are the two Spitfires that are challenging to fly, and I admire people who can succeed in either one of them.

- oldman

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2021, 08:33:48 PM »
In my limited experience, everything about the Spit14 is "erratic."  Spit 14 and Spit 1 are the two Spitfires that are challenging to fly, and I admire people who can succeed in either one of them.

- oldman

I've honestly never seen a player fly a spit14 regularly in my time. I believe there is a solid reason for that. Was happy when he unperked it, but not sure why the spit16 didn't replace it. Every time I fly the damn thing I rip my wings off. Forget the stall  :rofl

What is the measure of greatness in the Ta152? I mean my kill streak went as high as 300:1 (more actually, as I still haven't died).

That's impressive I'll say, but damn that must be a super long flight hahaha. Commend for you for those patience. I tried a similar thing in a Temp (for a tour)  but it pains me to extend from fights I might have a chance at winning with low E but know my plane could not perform better if the pilot in the other knew what he was doing. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 08:40:35 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2021, 07:25:55 PM »
I once climbed to 52k just to kill another 152, but he dropped to the deck and ditched. You can orbit forever in the Ta, and catch anything. Well, anything except Snail's B29s.

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2021, 01:53:14 PM »
I have found the best way to get out of a tail low spi. I. A 152 is to bailout and make a cocktail.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2021, 08:07:23 PM »
What is the measure of greatness in the Ta152? I mean my kill streak went as high as 300:1 (more actually, as I still haven't died).

I don't know what the measure is, but Sukov is better in a Ta 152 than you. I promise.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2021, 10:58:22 PM »
Brave talk now that I'm not online anymore. Then again I never would duel noobs anyway.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2021, 09:50:52 PM »
Brave talk now that I'm not online anymore
Don’t worry, Sukov isn’t either.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2021, 11:52:30 PM »
Don’t worry, Sukov isn’t either.

Not worried a bit. When I was online people tried to come get me. I remember quite a few ponies, jugs, darkwings, . . . even with massive altitude they just didn't get it done. I just kept flying and didn't toot my own horn. You can check the facts. Regularly posting 100, and 200 k/d's in the pony, Ta, Tiger, Tempest, maybe even the Spit 14.

I didn't mouthy about it. The guys that do usually post k/d's under 1:1. Just saying.

Thanks for all the fun, and the fish.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2021, 07:41:04 AM »
I applaud the high K/Ds and I'm glad you had success in those rides.

People who are/were renowned for their expertise in particular aircraft didn't need to talk about 'measure of greatness', everybody just knew. For the 152, the two names synonymous with it are m00t and Sukov. For the 234, NKL5 or Glasher. For a bomber gunner, 999000. m00t and Sukov could make that plane do incredible things, besides posting high K/Ds and running.

:salute
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com