Author Topic: Country Change vs. Stopping Fleet Direction Exploit  (Read 1587 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Country Change vs. Stopping Fleet Direction Exploit
« on: June 19, 2021, 10:45:16 AM »
Hello,

Please have a change where when someone changes country they cannot take control of a fleet for a reasonable amount of time.

Thank you,

X15  :salute
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 10:49:52 AM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Country Change vs. Stopping Fleet Direction Exploit
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 11:00:24 AM »
3 hours sounds reasonable to me.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 08:42:16 PM »
In my experience it's rare to be on one country for 3 hours on auto switch. I've had it where I've been switched countries 3 times in 3 sorties. I for one don't usually do much with the fleets other then turning them to avoid bombs.

My point is 3 hours would pretty much take anybody on auto switch completely out of being able to do anything with the fleets. It doesn't bother me but I just wanted to point out what the outcome would most likely end up doing to people on auto switch.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 11:05:29 PM »
Yep, it would be the same as the voluntary switch timer.  If it's good for one it must be good for the other right?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 06:12:46 AM »
For clarity, my wish is NOT to stop side switching in any way.

It is to ensure one cannot take control of a fleet for a reasonable amount of time after switching (per title).

Thank you.  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2021, 06:46:52 PM »
People are doing it for scores. Its their 15$ I guess
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 12:03:10 PM »
>> People are doing it for scores. Its their 15$ I guess

If the point of the game is to cater to those that exploit the game for score I understand.

If not...  :old:
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2021, 04:36:42 PM »
Reasonable amount of time is going to be quite subjective.

Even if it’s 15mins there are times you could be switched countries several times.

If it resets every time and it’s say 30 mins or more that player won’t be able to use the CV/BBs at all.

Just my .02
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2021, 09:22:58 AM »
>> Reasonable amount of time is going to be quite subjective.

Lets try an hour.

Another option is perhaps if one changes the course of a task force and switches sides the task force resumes a default type course.  Possibly even a randomized course change.

It is a given that those that would change a task force course to assist the other side or their personal score will not like this wish.  :old:

-- Flying as X15 --

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2021, 11:59:58 AM »
Who has control of carrier groups has always been one of the most messed up features in Aces High. Needs a complete overhaul of system.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2021, 10:24:42 PM »
Rather than rank determining who controls the fleets, allow players to use their perks to buy control of said fleet in one hour allotments, with a max of say, two consecutive hours of control?  After two consecutive hours they relinquish command and someone else gets a shot.
Set up a queue for players who wish to control the fleet. 
Non refundable perk purchase, allow the player in control to give up command at any time (but they go to the bottom of the queue), etc.
Just throwing ideas out there for overhauling the command system.

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2021, 10:58:01 PM »
Who has control of carrier groups has always been one of the most messed up features in Aces High. Needs a complete overhaul of system.

Disagree. I can't think of a better way. How would you do it?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2021, 09:08:41 AM »
Disagree. I can't think of a better way. How would you do it?

I would tie the guy commanding the fleet TO the fleet, say 25 mile range.

This way the guy wanting to command the fleet would take an interest in the fleet and "drive" it. Too many times someone high rank takes control of the fleet and then is off on the other side of the map when its getting attacked and it gets sunk. There was one guy, a brit I think, "Lynx" maybe? He could drive a CV. I remember one night he had control and for more than an hour or two he zigged and zagged those ships and straitening them up and calling out on range "Launch! Launch! Launch!" so the newbies could roll with out crashing. Talk about a fun night.

I also think that you should have a selection box in the command window to type/select the target field and while the "commander" is in charge he can hold any launches from 25 miles out to ten miles out. Closer or father away from the assigned target than that 10-25 mile range anyone can launch, but in that range a commander can sneak in closer for those 15-20 minutes it takes.

Sure there are time the ships will take hours to get into position. During those times you set the coarse and relinquish command. It gives the freedom of "many" commanders to choose the coarse, and only locking it in IF a commander is going to stay with in that 25 mile range. This would also stop some high ranking player from deciding the best action to save a CV is to hide it some place way away from any action.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2021, 11:03:26 AM »
I would tie the guy commanding the fleet TO the fleet, say 25 mile range.

This way the guy wanting to command the fleet would take an interest in the fleet and "drive" it.

This sounds good UNTIL....  I am in my airplane several sectors away, and I see a bomber on radar headed to the fleet.  As it is now, I can turn the fleet and have a decent chance of thwarting the attack run.  With your plan, you could tie a player to a fleet for considerable time while it is maneuvering for an attack.

Maybe make it a function of rank and distance.  A pilot on the CV outranks a higher rank in a different sector. 
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2021, 12:02:06 PM »
This sounds good UNTIL....  I am in my airplane several sectors away, and I see a bomber on radar headed to the fleet.  As it is now, I can turn the fleet and have a decent chance of thwarting the attack run.  With your plan, you could tie a player to a fleet for considerable time while it is maneuvering for an attack.

Maybe make it a function of rank and distance.  A pilot on the CV outranks a higher rank in a different sector.

You dont have to take command to maneuver a CV group. You can add a corse change any time from any place, that wouldnt change. Only if you take command would things change.