Author Topic: Repeated disconnect / reconnect sounds Windows 10  (Read 855 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Repeated disconnect / reconnect sounds Windows 10
« on: June 26, 2021, 06:52:19 AM »
For the last few weeks I've been hearing equipment disconnect and then reconnect sounds while playing AH.

When this happens you can see the list in device manager refresh itself.

When that happens I get a slight glitch in the Vive Pro VR video with each disco or reconnect which makes for slight jumping of other aircraft from my POV

Started out as an annoyance but now within a half hour the vr screen goes gray and when I pull it off I have no control over my HOTAS while I watch from the monitor while I crash.

Anyone else hear these sounds?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
Re: Repeated disconnect / reconnect sounds Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 06:57:17 AM »
You might have USB power issue or computer power supply issue. Might need a powered USB hub. Others should ring in soon and assist in more detail.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 06:58:50 AM by wrench »
Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 11:54:44 AM »
As Wrench said, a USB issue is within reason. Check your Device Manager for all USB, HID, Display and other devices to see if there's any that have enabled the "Let Windows shut this device down to save energy" under the Power Management tab. Uncheck all of them. Note that not all devices have the Power tab so don't be worried if you can't find it.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 10:15:25 AM »
With every usb device disconnected I still get the sounds...

As soon as I disco my vive pro vr headset it stops :(

Maybe a bad cable from the vr power pod to the headset?

Eagler

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 10:46:32 AM »
This might be a good time to contact VIVE technical support to make sure the headset is not the problem.
Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2021, 10:50:54 AM »
I sometimes get these sounds, and its related to my USB headset (Turtle Beach PX22).    If I immediately take off my VR headset and look at the popup window in the lower right corner of the screen, it'll say "What device did you just plug in" and offer me some choices.   The window disappears by itself if I don't catch it in time, and this nonsense will repeat up to a couple more times before it stops.

This is an intermittent problem, and sometimes I'll plug the headsets USB into a different front panel port and that seems to help.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 11:06:08 AM »
This might be a good time to contact VIVE technical support to make sure the headset is not the problem.

Yes but swapping the fresnel lenses to clear voided any warranty

Tried to go back to trackir last night...

Game was beautiful to look at but couldn't hit a thing

Eagler

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2021, 11:41:43 AM »
With every usb device disconnected I still get the sounds...
The power management setting I recommended checking includes the motherboard USB ports. Or rather they're the primary suspects instead of the devices connected to them.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2021, 08:08:10 AM »
Thanks ..yes checked the power management settings

Seems to be the vive pro cable from link box to headset or the headset itself

The issue has gotten worse as now after a bit the sounds make video distortions in the viewing from the headset...

Eagler

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2021, 08:32:41 AM »
I'd had a similar issue crop up with my RiftS after a few months. The fix was to re-seat the cable connection to the headset. Had to take some stuff apart just to get at it. No idea how it would have worked loose as it spends its life on a nice rack when it's not on my head. Never been dropped. It was a firm click to get it back on but I haven't had the problem since doing that. Prolly been over a year now.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2021, 11:12:25 AM »
Update here...
Replacing the cable from the link box to the headset seems to have corrected the problem.
Thanks for the suggestions

Eagler

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2021, 11:48:36 AM »

Game was beautiful to look at but couldn't hit a thing

Eagler

Thats me on any given night. The game has changed so much since that last time I was in the MA. Really hope numbers go back up

Glad to see you got it fixed. I have extra usb cables in the drawer just in case
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women