Author Topic: HTC: Please Reconsider Perk Costs for Some Tanks  (Read 1233 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
HTC: Please Reconsider Perk Costs for Some Tanks
« on: July 04, 2021, 11:48:57 PM »
Tanks like the Jagdpanzer IV are not worth any perks. Yes, the main gun is the same as the almighty Panther, but the lack of a turret, a slow 23 mph speed, no anti-air what-so-ever, and low ammo storage, and thin armor (yes, thin), it has a very narrow window to be good. Please reduce or eliminate the perk cost. 

The T34/85 is a huge bargain and worth far more (HVAP ammo = insta-kill, toughest armor in the game, 32 mph speed, tied for best HE round in the game, etc).

With the amount of damage to OBJ the M4 Calliope can cause, it too is a major bargain. It doesn't pay to take anything else to knock down a town or factory. It is the best tank in the game to use against OBJ. Without question. While its AP ability is lackluster, it does surprisingly well when the target is under 800. It needs a lower perk score, imo.   

Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
Re: HTC: Please Reconsider Perk Costs for Some Tanks
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 04:16:01 PM »
The Panther’s perk cost and/or T-34 85 is what is off in AH3.

The Panther has zoom in the gunner’s position, but that much more useful in AH2 where there was significantly less vegetation/trees than now.

In AH3 I rarely see long range fights because of all the new vegetation and I’d imagine that’s how it’s going to stay.

The Panther has a 75mm AP, speed of 29mph, slower turret rotation than the T34 85, which has the HVAP as mentioned, better armour, speed of 32-34mph.

With all those things considered comparing them, imo the perk cost should be closer than it is. It seems with the perk cost ranges a little from 4-6x times higher than the T34 depending on ENY.

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 05:20:05 PM »
Funny, my ride of choice is the T34/85, I believe it is the best all around tank in the game. However I hate coming up against a Panther, the Jagdpanzer 38, or the Jagdpanzer IV/70. Those 3 are always difficult for me to kill, except for side shots which is the weak point on ALL the tanks. I find it easier to kill a Tiger.

The front armor on the Panther is thicker than the T34/85. A point of interest is the Panther was developed to counter the T34/85.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 11:57:23 AM »
I think the eny should be dynamic so the more people that are currently using a the tank/plane is lower the eny/higher the perk costs. (Like the perk point value changes with numbers) The eny/perk cost changes with the number people currently in said vehicle.

It seems this would work better then some randomly assigned value that not everybody would agree on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 12:03:39 PM »
Perks should be tied to score and experience

A plane should cost me 10x what it does the new guy who started last week

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 01:45:26 PM »
A point of interest is the Panther was developed to counter the T34/85.

I think this is not so.  Panther was developed to counter the T-34/76 and KV-1.  Panthers were in action at Kursk, July 1943; one of the reasons the German attack was delayed was so that the new Panthers could be employed.  T-34/85 wasn't produced until 1944.

- oldman

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2021, 07:34:28 PM »

Eagler

Interesting idea.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2021, 06:58:56 PM »
 :D you poor babies
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2021, 03:47:41 PM »
Interesting idea.

Score... maybe. But experience would be too variable to measure.

I think the entire ENY code for planes and tanks should be looked at.

The T34 gets more kills than another tank or plane in the game by far. Perk cost should be much higher.

Also the planes should have perk cost just like the tanks where very good super late war planes should have 2-3 perks atleast. These planes that are too abundant in the MA are creating an embalance that is making it very hard for new players to be successful, no matter what they fly.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2021, 05:23:25 PM »

Eagler

That would probably require an "xp" system like COD.  As Scores reset monthly, I'd assume your experience would be hard to track without it, unless that also went on a monthly basis.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2021, 09:14:38 PM »
Score... maybe. But experience would be too variable to measure.

I think the entire ENY code for planes and tanks should be looked at.

The T34 gets more kills than another tank or plane in the game by far. Perk cost should be much higher.

Also the planes should have perk cost just like the tanks where very good super late war planes should have 2-3 perks atleast. These planes that are too abundant in the MA are creating an embalance that is making it very hard for new players to be successful, no matter what they fly.

Most of the people who fly Yak3s, Doras, spit16s, ect need to fly them. They are utterly helpless without the crutch

Chuikov

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2021, 06:51:14 AM »
Most of the people who fly Yak3s, Doras, spit16s, ect need to fly them. They are utterly helpless without the crutch

Wish that were true but  it ain't  :)

My guess is the highest scores in those planes are all owned by very experienced players

By experience I just meant months/years/decades  subscribed

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2021, 08:51:42 PM »
Wish that were true but  it ain't  :)

My guess is the highest scores in those planes are all owned by very experienced players

By experience I just meant months/years/decades  subscribed

Only the Snailman knows for sure, but I sense that you are right.

Doesn't matter, there's nothing to force you to handicap yourself, and I think there shouldn't be.  People fly here for different reasons.

- oldman

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2021, 03:49:48 PM »
Maybe a perk increase on the T34/85 and a perk decrease on the Panther?

The zoom feature seems to be the only aspect of the Panther that is an advantage. Long range shooting is rare now with all the trees and vegetation. 

My memory may not be serving right since returning to the game from AH2 to AH3, but the Panther seemed to take more damage than it does now...
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline pallero

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2021, 04:08:02 PM »
Tanks like the Jagdpanzer IV are not worth any perks. Yes, the main gun is the same as the almighty Panther, but the lack of a turret, a slow 23 mph speed, no anti-air what-so-ever, and low ammo storage, and thin armor (yes, thin), it has a very narrow window to be good. Please reduce or eliminate the perk cost. 

The T34/85 is a huge bargain and worth far more (HVAP ammo = insta-kill, toughest armor in the game, 32 mph speed, tied for best HE round in the game, etc).

With the amount of damage to OBJ the M4 Calliope can cause, it too is a major bargain. It doesn't pay to take anything else to knock down a town or factory. It is the best tank in the game to use against OBJ. Without question. While its AP ability is lackluster, it does surprisingly well when the target is under 800. It needs a lower perk score, imo.   
So why not pick bargain good tank, and use it?