Author Topic: Torpedo Camera  (Read 642 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Torpedo Camera
« on: July 04, 2021, 11:53:56 PM »
I've been playing AH since Jan of 2008, and no matter how many times I practice live in the $$$ arena, or the practice arena, learning the torpedoes has been futile.

Unless I go dead on or near dead on to bow or stern, misses are almost guaranteed.

If there any way to get some sort of training aid to help learn the torpedoes?

or... can you tell us the speeds of the US, Japanese, and German torpedoes, the lengths of the destroyers, CV's, and BB's in game, and the speed of the fleets? We could at least work out an actual formula with that. Thanks. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
Re: Torpedo Camera
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2021, 06:36:34 AM »
Torpedo camera would be cool.

Not sure if this will work, but to get the speed of the carrier, try spawning a plane onto her deck, and bring up your E6B computer on the clipboard - it might show current speed of the boat, as the plane is stationary on the deck.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline alkali

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2021, 08:55:15 AM »
Friendship
RAF 341 Squadron - Groupe de chasse 3/2 Alsace

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 07:00:48 PM »
Torpedo camera would be cool.

Not sure if this will work, but to get the speed of the carrier, try spawning a plane onto her deck, and bring up your E6B computer on the clipboard - it might show current speed of the boat, as the plane is stationary on the deck.

different planes show different speeds
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)