Author Topic: New wish for the Training Arena settings- damage list shows damage  (Read 721 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Hey Dale, is there any way to make it to where the damage list would turn red if an aircraft had taken enough damage to destroy / jam / break etc..... so to help players learning that they have nothing left as far as controls,  oil, fuel, etc...and should replane....

That, or is the settings still available to where the Training Arena could be set back up to where the player's air craft blows up but then almost instantly reappears in flight.... like it originally was in the early months of Aces High.....

Either way would help train players to know that they have taken enough damage to start over  or replane etc...

Just a recommendation/ suggestion

<S>

TC  / Johnny
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
+1
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Hey Dale, is there any way to make it to where the damage list would turn red if an aircraft had taken enough damage to destroy / jam / break etc..... so to help players learning that they have nothing left as far as controls,  oil, fuel, etc...and should replane....

That, or is the settings still available to where the Training Arena could be set back up to where the player's air craft blows up but then almost instantly reappears in flight.... like it originally was in the early months of Aces High.....

Either way would help train players to know that they have taken enough damage to start over  or replane etc...

Just a recommendation/ suggestion

<S>

TC  / Johnny

I'm not sure what your asking, are you wish you could see the other players damage?

HiTech

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
I'm not sure what your asking, are you wish you could see the other players damage?

HiTech

I believe he is asking for when an aircraft takes damage in the TA the pilot of that aircraft can see what got hit on the damage list (ctrl + D) but doesn't actually sustain damage to the aircraft.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
I believe he is asking for when an aircraft takes damage in the TA the pilot of that aircraft can see what got hit on the damage list (ctrl + D) but doesn't actually sustain damage to the aircraft.

This

and/ or I was wondering/ asking if the Training Arena settings were still there to where the Training Arena could be set to where once the player's aircraft had sustained enough damage that it would blow up,  then reappears in the air in flight with the player still flying.....like it originally was in the early months of Aces High in the Training Arena

Same way the drones flying around the base , blow up and reappears when playing offline

Thanks for clarifying what I meant,  TryHard....

<S>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
+1
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
This

and/ or I was wondering/ asking if the Training Arena settings were still there to where the Training Arena could be set to where once the player's aircraft had sustained enough damage that it would blow up,  then reappears in the air in flight with the player still flying.....like it originally was in the early months of Aces High in the Training Arena

Same way the drones flying around the base , blow up and reappears when playing offline

Thanks for clarifying what I meant,  TryHard....

<S>

TC

Thinking about that...

How about in addition, trainers have a dot command to clear that trainee of all damage info so they can immediately continue training?

Like ".Heal TequilaChaser"

Maybe that is better than not having damage so the trainee can practice keeping in the fight with minor damage but then be reset for another merge?

Maybe also a trainer dot command to replenish the trainee back to the load out he spawned with.   So when  training Jabo or bombing, the trainer can just load them up again for another try without having to respawn.  Like ".Rearm TequilaChaser"?

$0.02.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.